Info about GT750 Vallelunga needed

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

wolfgangh
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750

Info about GT750 Vallelunga needed

Post by wolfgangh »

Hello, I am from Austria and already built a BIMOTA HB1 replica with SUZUKI GT750 engine. Lots of pictures on the web. Now I purchased a truck load of GT750 parts incl. 1 almost complete bike, and I plan to build a replica of the Vallelunga GT750 from that. I need a few more details, e.g. about the fairing mount to the frame/headstock, the headlight mount to the fairing, and more pictures about the bodwork etc. Ideally I would like to get original bodywork, that would save me from the very time consuming process of rebuilding them from wood and foam, producing moulds and then the final parts.
I have searched the web intensively already, there are no more pictures left that I dont have.
I hope one of you has ever worked on or seen such bike, and might have info or photos. I appreciate your help, Happy Holidays.
tz375
Moto GP

Re: Info about GT750 Vallelunga needed

Post by tz375 »

Hi Wolfgang,

Your Bimota replica is stunning. I looked though all the pictures I have harvested and none shows the fairing mounts clearly. When I build my Dunstall, I got lucky and found a blog/thread with pictures of the bike being restored and was able to copy the brackets.

With a Vallelunga, you may have to find someone with one to undress it so you can see how it all went together.

The other approach is to say that no one else knows what those mounts are supposed to look like, so whatever you design will be hidden and no one will know if they are right or wrong. :wth: :D
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Re: Info about GT750 Vallelunga needed

Post by jabcb »

Youtube has two videos of running stationary bikes. Contacting the video uploaders might give you a useful lead.

Might also be useful to join the Kettle Clinic forum in the UK & ask questions there.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE