front fender for73 GT250

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

gt250gcl
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT250

front fender for73 GT250

Post by gt250gcl »

I'm looking for a new front fender for my 73 gt250. I can find NOS fender assemblies shown on line for GT380's and up but not for the 250. Are they interchangeable with the 380 or of a different configuration? Does anyone have the part number? Other than NOS, are there any good replica's available? Mine has a tear in the leading edge that would need to be repaired and then the fender re-chromed so I figure the cost would be about the same to get a new fender instead and it would be quicker and easier. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Glenn
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Re: front fender for73 GT250

Post by dollydog »

if yours is a twin stay front muddy - which it should be - this is the correct part :D
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine- ... 1438.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheers, dd.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.
gt250gcl
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT250

Re: front fender for73 GT250

Post by gt250gcl »

thanks for the info dollydog. I had seen that fender on-line and since I have been buying other parts from that vendor (Everett Powersports) I asked if they thought it would fit my bike. They weren't sure and so I didn't take a chance on it. Instead, a few days ago I took mine to a chrome application shop to have it re-chromed. It was in good shape except for the leading edge where it an earlier spill had damaged it, which they can fix, so this should work well.

again. greatly appreciate the reply and advice.

Glenn