Field Guides, Resources etc.

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Field Guides, Resources etc.

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Just letting folks know that updates to the OJB web site continue - the biggest single change was a successful move to a new web hosting provider which proved to be a very time consuming exercise, but will be good in the longer term. Other items include:
  • - the Field Guide to the Suzuki GT550 has had a few small updates and corrections but largely is unchanged - if you think something is missing, please drop me a line
  • - the Field Guide to the Suzuki T/GT500 has had a few small updates and corrections but again is largely unchanged - if you think something is missing, please drop me a line
  • - I've added an OJB Facebook presence - the direct link is here. It just references items on the OJB web site, but some folks seem to like FB better :roll:
I am still looking for additional frame and engine serial number data for pre-1971 Suzuki's - this is not a register. It is intended as an aide to owners trying to identify their machines, so I'm just trying to bracket the models and year. If you have a set of numbers you wish to contribute, just drop me a line.

I have scanned in another 362 pages :shock: of Suzuki Canada service bulletins, technical bulletins and other dealer material which was lent to me, and which will become available on-line over the next few months. Look for it in this section of the OJB web site.

The fun never stops ! 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
ConnerVT
Novice racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R (now), T500M (40 yrs ago)

Re: Field Guides, Resources etc.

Post by ConnerVT »

As I've said many times before, thank you, Ian, for this labor of love! Documenting this information is exactly what the Internet is about (rather than cat videos, pr0n, or Instagrams of a Kardashian's butt). It is certainly great help to anyone who comes across one of these classic motorcycles. :up: