GT550 Top and Bottom Case Bolts

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

VillainInc
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '74 GT550

GT550 Top and Bottom Case Bolts

Post by VillainInc »

Hey guys, I'm working on rebuilding my GT550 and I am about to put the case back together. I have seen a few places to get complete sets of all of the side bolts for the engine, but I haven't found anyone that sells all of the top and bottom case bolts. Do any of you know of a company that sells all of the bolts together?

If not, I'm sure I can find all of the different bolts myself individually, however that brings us to the second part of this post. I have found a few posts on the forums where someone listed all the bolt sizes by location number on the case, however I have only been able to find this for the 380 and the 750.. not my 550. Is the 550 the same as one of the other two motors, or if not does anyone know where a similar list is for my GT550?
1974 GT550
VillainInc
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '74 GT550

Re: GT550 Top and Bottom Case Bolts

Post by VillainInc »

I did some more digging tonight and I found a list of the Bolt sizes over at OJB. The shop manual he has scanned over there has a page that lists all of the bolt sizes, which I assume didn't change much between the various years. So unless someone knows of a company that packages these all together, I'll just grab these all one-by-one. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
1974 GT550
locobuilderbri
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: A100.T250j

Re: GT550 Top and Bottom Case Bolts

Post by locobuilderbri »

The size & length of bolts/setscrews is often coded in the part no if you have parts manual.
Well it is in my T250j manual. For example 02111-06308 is an m6 dia screw 30 mm long.
Regards Bri e