T350 restoration and webpage (german)

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

wolfgang
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T 350 -II Rebel

T350 restoration and webpage (german)

Post by wolfgang »

Hi Folks! I'm new here, trying to do a restoration of a T350. First problem is to get german papers, i have dutch ones right now.
But for Technical Inspection i need to get a Certificate Of Conformity from Suzuki Germany first. Without a positive Technical Inspection (TÜV),
i wont get a licence plate..........

Maybe it's the first T350 in Germany, so Ill keep you informed about further progress.......
wolfgang
On the street

Re: T350 restoration and webpage (german)

Post by wolfgang »

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

This error message is shown when i try to add a picture, can anyone help?
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

Upload your pictures to something like photobucket and then copy the reference for each picture to here.
Welcome Wolfgang, I work for a German company - Aerzen, near Hamelin - but based in the UK.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
wolfgang
On the street

Post by wolfgang »

Hi Alan! Thanks for the help! And right now im working for Linde (supporting BOC which is located in the UK ;-) )

Worked on my 350 yesteday, tried to repair the carburettors........

That,s my t350
wolfgang
On the street

Post by wolfgang »

But when i worked at the carbs, i noticed the flanges are bent, same as the float bowls. Engine isn't going over 5500rpm.
Anyone got a idea how to get the flanges straight again? Grind em? And what's the size of the o-ring sitting in the flange between carb and cylinder?

And had to change the directionals according to german law (very ugly!), they have to have an ECE test certificate symbol on the lens........

Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

A piece of glass as a flat base, and fine grinding paste or 1200 grade emery paper on the bowls.
This problem is usually caused by overtightening the screws. Maybe use two gaskets after.
Maybe won't rev because of air leaks or timing. Check for air leaks by squirting carb cleaner or thinners around the inlet area with the engine ticking over, if the revs change, there's the leak.
Strange about the indicators - as the bike is so old, there weren't any eu directives when it was manufactured, so maybe not needed nowadays. (Bloody eu, blame Angela Merkel - everything is her fault!!! :roll: :lol: )
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

Clogged exhaust baffles can also cause it not to rev well.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
disagt
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT250 T500J 2xGT750J

Post by disagt »

Hallo Wolfgang,

original sind die Blinker wie vorne, ohne Seitenreflektoren, zu welchen will man dich denn nötigen? Bei den Baujahren fragt kein guter TÜV'ler nach dem ECE-Zeichen, weil es damals noch keines gab. Der Hinweis auf ein Importfahrzeug hilft meist auch. Ich fahre in meiner T500 sealed beam-Scheinwerfer, weil es nix anderes passendes mehr gibt.
Die Vergaser kann man auch vorsichtig in einer Drehbank spannen und überplanen.

and now for our english speaking friends: :mrgreen:

original indicators are like the front ones, without these side reflectors. You don't need an ECE-sign because there was no ECE-marking in those years. You might give the MOT-man a hint that your bike is an import-bike, that helps sometimes. I'm using a sealed-beam lamp in my T500 wich normally isn't allowed in Germany.
You can fix the carbs by slightly planning them on a lathe.

Grüße/cheers
Dirk
wolfgang
On the street

Post by wolfgang »

Thanks for the information Dirk!
I bought some lenses from a TZ 50, they have ECE Symbol on them. They fit for the front directionals.
My rear directionals seem to be from a GT380J, i didnt find a lens with ECE symbol.....
On the rear i put on some universal ones and a led- brake/light combination.
I wont comment this look........ Ill put the original directionals and tail light on again after mot/tüv inspection .......
My mot guy is very cooperative, but he insists on ECE verified lights :-(

Today i will get the carbs done and will check the mufflers. But the right cylinder sounds like to rich mitxture, so again a question :

The main jet needle has 5 groves, in which has the circlip to be put in for standard position? Middle grove or second from above?

Had a GT250 before and set carbs up like shown on website http://suzuki-gt250.de/motornavi/motor.php?b=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (german)
wolfgang
On the street

Post by wolfgang »

Hi folks! Good news : Engine is running without any troubles.......

Replaced the needles for the main jets, got no idiea why the older one ist shorter than the new needle..........

and i just took a pice of sand paper an grinded the carb flanges back to their original flat form :-)

Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Maybe use a tnicker O ring, and don't overtighten the flange nuts.
Alan H
Moto GP

Post by Alan H »

Alan H wrote:Maybe use a tnicker O ring, and don't overtighten the flange nuts.
That should have been 'thicker' O ring. :roll:
wolfgang
On the street

Post by wolfgang »

Hi Folks, one question : how long should the 2 stroke oil tank last? I did about 200km and my 350 emptied almost the complete oil tank! Oil pump was adjusted according to the repair manual.......
On my GT 250 i had to fill up the oil tank every 550km, and it's the same size...........
And is the oil pump in T350 and GT 250 the same?

And I rebuilt my fork...... pictures and drawings will follow.......
wolfgang
On the street

Post by wolfgang »

Since new fork tubes are'nt available any more and mine were leaking oil like fountain i found help in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9613&p=153995&hilit ... 50#p153995" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So i found a shop in the internet where i bought 2 pipes for a yamaha xs 650.... set was 150€ http://www.xs650direct.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They had also a shop in Germany :-)

But i had to disassemble the old ones and put the new ones on a lathe to put the bottom end in shape, finally i have a working fork again......
wolfgang
On the street

Post by wolfgang »

And finally the guy at MOT told me my steering head is worn out because it made a strange click-clack sound.......

But only a few balls where missing..... put a few more in now it works fine!