GT185 Clocks on a GT380 Custom?

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

jezdye
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT380 custom

GT185 Clocks on a GT380 Custom?

Post by jezdye »

Hi, was wondering if the clocks from a GT185 are interchangeable with a GT380? I'm building a custom and like the 'smaller' clocks of the 185 but don't know if the ratios and wheel speedo drive and cables would be compatible as well as the tacho drive. Any idea? Cheers
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: GT185 Clocks on a GT380 Custom?

Post by Alan H »

Try some electronic clocks. I currently have some Trail Tec Vapor clocks on my GT550 which can be programmed to 'anything'. I'll be swapping these for something 'else' over the winter, so if you're interested I buying them, drop me a PM. Hope you're not in a rush as I'll be using them until the new year despite the bike being on SORN!

The revs indicated may have been a bit OTT, otherwise.......
I really was trying down from Creg-ny-Baa on the IOM this year though!
Head down, ar$e up 3 x Gt750s behind etc.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
jezdye
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT380 custom

Re: GT185 Clocks on a GT380 Custom?

Post by jezdye »

LOL, I'll keep that in mind and thanks for the reply. Not sure if I want to go that modern if I'm honest but I think the price negotiations between two Yorkshiremen would have been intense to say the least! Went to the IOM in 84 and loved it. Never been so pissed in all my life. Mike Grant judging the Miss IOM wet TT shirt and living in the same clothes for five days! Those really were the days for sure. All the best