Mirrors

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

Re: Mirrors

Post by pearljam724 »

I agree about the logo. The set I bought last year was freakin identical to the originals in every aspect. The quality was absolutely amazing. Minus the " S ". If someone can reproduce something so well in that example. There would only be one reason why they wouldn't include that one simple and tiny detail. Even knowing how much more the mirrors would sell and sell for. No one can mess with huge corporation logos and get away with it. Not even the Chineese. The GT mirrors Suzuki doesn't care about. It's the logo or name being used.
Image Image
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Post by GT750Battleship »

:up: Absolutely that "S" makes all the difference :clap: Why Suzuki don't use it on their mirrors they sell us today is a darn good question :shock:
Cheers,
Roger
GT750Battleship.
buffalodave
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: gt750A

Post by buffalodave »

Anyone have a link to the Taiwan seller?
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Post by GT750Battleship »

buffalodave wrote:Anyone have a link to the Taiwan seller?
Hi,ebay store Kiwavau (5339) :)
Cheers,
Roger
GT750Battleship.
pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

Post by pearljam724 »

Ebay shuts sellers down like this all of the time. Several years ago, at the end of my sport bike riding days. An Asian seller was reproducing and selling Alpinestars MotoGP racing gloves. These gloves sell for $300 from Alpinestars. The remakes were $40 including shipping. I was lucky enough to get 2 pair as I purchased them immediately. They had the company logo and were a spot on reproduction of quality and appearance. I bought that 2nd pair for a friend and the both of us were so tickled I wanted to buy a 2nd pair for myself. Within a week of receiving mine. The seller was never to be found again. I searched for a couple years for that seller with no luck. Those gloves are a thousand times the hot selling item compared to these mirrors.
Image Image
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

GT750Battleship wrote:Hi Ian,no replie to my Email from the UK on the mirrors :!: I would say they have been contacted by Suzuki's Lawyers in regard to breach of Copyright Laws :oops:
Roger
I had a chat with George Milburn the owner of TecBikeParts in the UK - I went old tech and actually phoned him ! :D A couple of interesting things: he told me that their last restocking order from Taiwan was held at the export control/customs in Taiwan as they did not have the signed agreement to use the trademark 'S' from Suzuki. Likewise a local UK manufacturer declined to make them for the same reason, so yes the legal system does work as it should. And he does do email - but admitted that as he gets a huge volume of spam on the btinternet.com account he tends to not bother with it as much as he should. :? Try the first email and phone contact information at this link (keeping in mind time zone differences if not calling from the UK).

George does still have some stock on hand in both 8mm and 10mm 'S' mirrors as of today, but will not likely be getting more. If you want some then best track him down. In the US there are still just a very few 8mm (10mm are sold out) - you would need to call Dave there directly to see what he has left. For Australia, the owner likely is retiring (per George) so that branch may be winding down. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !