gt250k paint question

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

gt250k paint question

Post by dollydog »

has anybody found a reasonable off the shelf spray that even comes close to the gt250k candy green colour? doesn't have to be a perfect match, as it's going on the kwak/suzuki hybrid. i've been through the pantone and others, but i can't really get a good colour match on either the laptop or the pc. many thanks if you can help. :D
cheers, dd.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.
GTandcbr
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: suzuki gt 550j

Re: gt250k paint question

Post by GTandcbr »

From another site this is a good likeness
PEUGEOT LACERTA JAUNE CODE KAR
Have a look.
98 carb Blackbird and GT550j
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

Any decent paint shop should be able to colour match Ade. I used a Peugeot colour on tbe 550 I did a few years ago.

More pics here - http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/v ... g&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - on the build fred.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Post by sportston »

Having seen your bike before I can't believe I never thought to ask where you got your highway/engine bars from Allan. The green looks so like original you would never know it wasn't.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

I bought the engine bars from a guy who lives about three miles away from me. I never knew him before, but now we are good mates and have been to the Isle of Man Classic TT since!
He has 'a few' strokers - H1, H2, GT750, YAS1, YDS5 and some other bikes too. It's just a case of searching ebay, then save the search so you are informed by email if anything crops up on there. I have another set for the GT550J I'm currently restoring.
The green 550 was a close match to original, but I bought another 550K with the green/blue colour tank and liked it, so went with that rather than the green/dark green or blue/mauve colour scheme. All explained (plus a lot of banter) on the thread above.
Are you coming up for the rally in Yorkshire at the end of June? Details here - http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/v ... hire+rally" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
Hotel and secure parking available if needed, over 20 staying for at least part of the weekend, all Suzuki 2 strokes welcome, and there may be a few 'others' too.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Post by sportston »

Alan H wrote:I bought the engine bars from a guy who lives about three miles away from me. I never knew him before, but now we are good mates and have been to the Isle of Man Classic TT since!
He has 'a few' strokers - H1, H2, GT750, YAS1, YDS5 and some other bikes too. It's just a case of searching ebay, then save the search so you are informed by email if anything crops up on there. I have another set for the GT550J I'm currently restoring.
The green 550 was a close match to original, but I bought another 550K with the green/blue colour tank and liked it, so went with that rather than the green/dark green or blue/mauve colour scheme. All explained (plus a lot of banter) on the thread above.
Are you coming up for the rally in Yorkshire at the end of June? Details here - http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/v ... hire+rally" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
Hotel and secure parking available if needed, over 20 staying for at least part of the weekend, all Suzuki 2 strokes welcome, and there may be a few 'others' too.
Thanks for the invite, I'm not sure if the bike will be finished by then, but it might be possible. Will speak to my boss about it tomorrow. She is asleep at the moment.