Cush drive rubbers - need help to identify

For those wanting to keep their bike the way the factory made them.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

MikeH1A
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Cush drive rubbers - need help to identify

Post by MikeH1A »

Hi Guys,

I posted in the off-road section but haven't heard from the wisemen, so thought I'd try in the wider section. I am needing to replace the cush drive rubbers on my 71 TS250. The part number is 64650-30000 but I can't find any on ebay or elsewhere that look similar to what is in my bike currently or look like the drawing in the parts manual. I purchased a set which was labelled -30002 (supposedly for 71-74 models) and Robinson's foundry say this is the superceded number. However, these one's look nothing like what I have in there and won't fit onto the lugs of the sprocket carrier, nor will they sit snugly in the allotted spaces in the hub.

Can anyone help me figure out where to find the correct ones? I have found another set on ebay with the same part number that I am after but they look different again - so I'm confused and lost as to how I can find the correct ones without a very expensive trial and error exercise.

Thanks for any help.
Burt Munro + John Britten + Kim Newcombe + Ivan Mauger = Kiwi Street Cred

72 GT750J
71 TS250R
71 H1A
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Re: Cush drive rubbers - need help to identify

Post by GT750Battleship »

:) Hi Mike,did a little search on the Web,part supersession number now 64650-30002,as you say...Alpha Sports Suzuki list part number 64650-30000 as fitting '71,'73,'74 Savage & part number 64650-30002 as only fitting '72,'76 Savage.....I'm confused :shock:

Cheers,
Roger
GT750Battleship.
MikeH1A
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by MikeH1A »

Hey Roger,

How goes life in the Land of Oz?

Thanks for joining my little confusion club. Curiouser and curiouser as the esteemed Humpty Dumpty once said in Alice's world.

My parts manual covers the 71, 72 and 73 models and it shows a schematic that looks like the rubbers I have in my wheel and lists the same part number for all three models i.e 30000. The 30002 ones I bought are much smaller, yet three sellers on ebay listed them as 71-74. I'm hoping there is some sort of logic to this, Mother Suzuki doesn't usually let us down.

Mike

72 GT750J
71 TS250R
71 H1A
GT750Battleship
Road race school

:up: All good in Sydney,terrific weather for Winter ? Suzuki normally pretty good with their part numbers being as described :) Why on earth would they change the rear hub design :roll: between models.Hope you get it sorted...My GT750 going extremely well..seems to like a bit of cold weather 8)
GT750Battleship.
MikeH1A
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by MikeH1A »

Hey Roger,

Just got back from a few days in Sydney. Not too tropical there my boy - the natives were cursing and rugged up to the max. We were going to hop a train up to Katoomba for the day but snow put paid to that! Enjoyed our time there and did a fair bit of wandering around the town and Darling Harbour parts.

Didn't see a single old Jappa at all :cry:

Mike

72 GT750J
71 TS250R
71 H1A
GT750Battleship
Road race school

Hi Mike,GT750 not so good at the moment,after a 600km run,it's developed a charging issue,I suspect a reg/rectifier issue power seems to be reaching the rectifier & nothing to battery ? I'm about to do another test suggested by a "kind man" over on the Kettle Clinic :P
Cheers,
Roger
GT750Battleship.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

GT750Battleship wrote: I'm about to do another test suggested by a "kind man" over on the Kettle Clinic :P
Cheers,
Roger
Aw, shucks! :roll: :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.