Disc brake conversion

Getting your chassis to handle your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

pull the wire
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 73GT750 75GT750 84RZ350 89 FXRS-CONV

Re: Disc brake conversion

Post by pull the wire »

A little progress. The GS100 swingarm is actually about 3 inches longer than stock GT750. It looks great. I'm going to lower the front an inch and 13.5 rear shocks Funds are tight right now so I do what I can. Does anyone have 13.5 inch clevis style shocks????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You gotta pull the wire to go fast
pull the wire
On the main road

Post by pull the wire »

Yes good progress on the disc conversion. I found a set of 1200 bandit foot controls with the shifter and rod, the brake pedal and master cylinder. Without much welding they fit and look great. I used the passenger foot peg mount as the primary mounting point on both sides so they are very evenly set to the rear and balanced side to side. It was almost too easy and no where near the price of bolt on rear sets :D . I've been unable to attach pictures because I'm a dumb A__ and can't remember how to do it
Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

attach pictures info viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3098" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the older i get the faster i was
pull the wire
On the main road

Post by pull the wire »

The center mounting hole on the 1200 Bandit foot controls is fastened to the passenger foot peg mounting point. All I have to do is fab up a couple brackets for the other 2 mounting holes on the Bandit foot controls. The shift linkage is spot on and reverses the shift pattern which sounds fun. The brake linkage, master cylinder and brake switch are all tucked in nicely and have no clearance issues. The seating and foot control positions are comfortable.

I am trying to attach photos that are within the 750kb limit but the warning message says "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"

Maybe I'm stupid but I just can't get any photos to attach