Gt500 bushings

Getting your chassis to handle your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: Gt500 bushings

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

johnakay wrote:the price of this makes pedro seem a good buy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-swing ... 3cb749d363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
True - but the exact same 'kit' (two bushes, 2 spacers and the grease nipple) from Crooks in the UK costs £42.41. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

PEDRO wrote:Thats very kind of you Ian with the list, I was working on that on and off but people keep offering me pictures of the queen to bugger about with their suzuki's :D
No worries - being busy is better than the alternative ! :D I've emailed a list to you at the btinternet web address shown on your web site. And I was incorrect - those bushings supposedly fit 63 different Suzuki models, and not 51 as I originally stated. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
dinogt
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT 500

Post by dinogt »

I think it is very difficult to find something on ebay because there are many ebay...fr-com-uk-it...aso... and there is no search with all the ebays.
I am glad you have those parts, if I need them i'll think of you.
I think, for each old bike, that a forum can be there to do a list or a topic with all the rebuilt about unaviable parts... not for you or me or another professionnal but for all people who need those parts and don't find them.
When I have do the T500 mains bearings I don't find them any where...and just some monthes after, another person in France rebuilt this bearing... it is not logic and not good for company because there practicaly no needing and do a new part need many time and many money to do.
I think that the most important is not 2 company do the same part because it is not good for each company instead of the conversion £/$/€...

For exemple, you are PEDRO and you are those parts aviable... do your list... I can do mine...
What the moderators are thinking about ?
blue smoke on the horizon
http://www.dinogt.fr
joolstacho
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AS50, GS500, GT500, ex GSXR750 slabbie

Post by joolstacho »

And a word of warning about those fibre swing arm bushes and powder coating. I made the mistake of leaving them in situ in the SA while it was being powder coated.
The result was that the bushes have shrunk because of the curing heat. They've got loose in the SA tube and tight on the steel bushes.
(I left them in because I was pretty sure that if I tried to drift them out of the swing arm I'd surely destroy them).
Temptation is to locktite them in there, that'd work, but I'd feel a bit guilty for the next keeper who'd come to try to remove them.
(We'll see how much of a bastard I am eh?) :twisted:
joolstacho
To the on ramp

Post by joolstacho »

Oi !
Does anyone know the difference between the fibre swing arm bushes of the GT500A and the GT500B ?
They have different part numbers.
GT500B: 09307-22003
GT500A: 09307-22002
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Post by GT750Battleship »

:up: Hi,no difference...just a supersession of part numbers :P
Cheers,
Roger
GT750Battleship.
joolstacho
To the on ramp

Post by joolstacho »

Good one Rog', cheers.
joolstacho
To the on ramp

Post by joolstacho »

It's just such a ripoff!
GS swing arm bushes? This is THE simplest machining job you could imagine. And the cost of materials is almost negligible.
Trouble is nowadays every brainless tosser who can operate a lathe and ebay reckons he deserves the latest great big in-yer-face 4WD truck hooked up to a big V8 ski boat for the weekend trip to the coast house. (So us dopey buyers have to pay the price!) Some of these sellers need to know what REAL skill and knowledge is about. - Get their hands out of their pants.
What a lot of garbage! Most of these tossers know close to zero, yet they charge these ripoff prices. *ankers!
I could machine a couple of these in a matter of minutes as long as I had the stock available, and I know almost zilch about machining and have a horrible 110 year old lathe. With a decent lathe it'd be MUCH quicker.
Grrrrr!!!
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Post by GT750Battleship »

:wth: Hi,glad I went with genuine bushes,some 70,000kms & their as tight as the day they went in,no rear end wallow...steady as a rock :o
Cheers,
Roger
GT750Battleship.
joolstacho
To the on ramp

Post by joolstacho »

Just a pointer to my post about an easy Needle roller swing arm conversion for the GT500 (T500 too?).
Needle roller bearing from a GS500 (yes gee ess) is very nearly a straight swap. Check the post.