Gt500 bushings

Getting your chassis to handle your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Gt500 bushings

Post by rbond »

I too got bronze bushings from Parts-n-more. Have not tried to put them in yet. Has anyone done this or even put in some needle bearings?
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

The PartsNMore bushings (in my experience), require significat machining, either before installation (externally), or after (internally). I found that removing some material from the outside before installation was easier than reaming the inside diameter after installation.

They are not "plug and play". :? :? :? :? :?

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
fuzzybutt
On the street

Post by fuzzybutt »

i havent put them into my suzuki but i do have them in my honda cb750k4 and they really do make a difference over a decent and properly maintained stock swingarm bush. no worries as they pressed right in with no trouble. i'll be making my own bushings in the near future from oilite bronze as soon as i get my lathe.
72 suzuki t500
74 honda cb750k
75 honda cb750f
hopefully soon, a 1948 ariel square four.

fat people are harder to kidnap
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Honda and yamaha use metric sized bushes. The bushes on a Gt are metric on the inside - I think, but the outer is 1.125". There is no exact metric equivalent.

I suspect that the aftermarket bushes are made to the nearest metric size and that's why they will fit a Honda and are too big for a Suzuki.

Try B1412 full complement Timken or INA needle rollers with new inner sleeves.
Last edited by tz375 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
pjmcburney
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T20 GT750L RE5A GSX1100S RG500G GSX-R1100N

Post by pjmcburney »

I've just replaced the bushings in my GT's swingarm with some bronze ones, manufactured in-house by a guy in the UK. :mrgreen:

They were a great price (approx AUS$60.00), shipped promptly, and most importantly, they fit perfectly - no machining or reaming required.

He even supplied a beautifully machined drift to install them without galling the front face. :D

I can PM his email address if you're interested.

Cheers
Paul
bikingbagga
On the street

Bushings

Post by bikingbagga »

Bushings from PartsnMore are oversized you only need a 3 thou max press fit so you need to have the OD machine
Roger486
Around the block

Re: Gt500 bushings

Post by Roger486 »

Mmmm… wish I had known! I got some Parts n More bronze bushes and they werent even close to fitting. As I had no ability to machine either the bush or the arm, so I just fitted new fibre ones that I happened to have.

Roger
Regards
Roger

"One slowly evolving GT500A"
dinogt
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT 500

Post by dinogt »

what bushes are you talking about ?
blue smoke on the horizon
http://www.dinogt.fr
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Swingarm bushes. Not the rubber shock bushes but replacements for the plastic bushes pressed into the pivot points.
dinogt
On the main road

Post by dinogt »

ok, thanks.
To do it well, it must put an oring a little bit bigger, it is more difficult to put but better for the lateral bore
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

Post by johnakay »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHOSPHOR-BRON ... 3f0c0d0dba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

johnakay wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHOSPHOR-BRON ... 3f0c0d0dba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's the thing about global markets and the internet eh ? I notice that Reiner sells the same bronze bushes, complete with driver for 33 Euro (28 GBP or 47 in USD). 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
dinogt
On the main road

Post by dinogt »

It is not the bronze you can use that do the price (for exemple bronze CsSn12), it is the time you start to made the bush.
There is no way for many people doing many parts on olds bikes as 500 T.
In the world we have olso the change €/$/£ not good now for europe, prehaps it will b e better un a few years.
You want machined bronze or iron for T 500 ?
Do the "gearing set" 20000-15814 or the bushing 09319-26001 (2 or 25, the same) there is practically no more in the world and no body do them.
http://www.ozebook.com/compendium/gt500 ... parts1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
johnakay
I likes them jubblies
Suzuki 2-Strokes: bike

Post by johnakay »

the price of this makes pedro seem a good buy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-swing ... 3cb749d363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

PEDRO wrote:Hi, the bushes that Reiner sells are not the same as because - 1) mine have grooves for the grease to flow. 2) are a better quality bronze. 3) I manufacture them myself. 4) I offer a fitting service.

The internet may be a good global market but does not tell quality, nor does it take into account the current high cost of raw material, I could make them cheaper with lower quality bronze.

Phosphor bronze has gone up approx 60% in the last year in the UK
That's all well and good Pete but, with respect, please allow me to make a couple of friendly observations:
- if I were in the racing business I'd be willing to pay for premium product but I'm not, so price is a key factor in the purchase decision
- I do think it just a little bit odd for you to offer parts here for £19 more than what you sell them for on eBay - if selling direct then they really should be less as you don't have the same fees to pay. Or is one price with VAT in and the other with VAT to be added ? Either way - as a non-EU resident I wouldn't have to pay VAT anyway, so perhaps you could clarify.

In an effort to be helpful - those same bushings (Suzuki part 09307-22003) will fit 51 different Suzuki models covering GT750, GT550, GT380, T and GT500, RE5, TS400, etc. I can send you a list if you'd like as you might find it useful for your eBay listing, just to broaden the potential appeal. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !