GT750 shocks

Getting your chassis to handle your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

markj
To the on ramp

GT750 shocks

Post by markj »

OK I'm looking at the old shocks and while they'll clean up pretty nice I'm thinking it would be worth it to upgrade to new bouncers. Im looking for a stock look(all chrome) and a short spring cover. I had looked at the ones at reproductiondecals<dot>com but they are for the earlier models and have the long cover. One thing I'm not beholdant to is the stock length. I'll probably be using a 3-1 exhaust so I can go longer. Any suggestions? Thanks
So many Projects - So little time
jaybob
To the on ramp

Re: GT750 shocks

Post by jaybob »

Hagon makes a nice upgrade shock and in the style you may be looking for. Another nice thing is that if you do not like the spring rate they send you you can swap springs for free for a year. they are polished stainless steel and come in many different lengths to suit. I have a set on a GT550 and I like them very much.

Get them here http://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/cgi ... HOCKS.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The question you have to ask yourself is, Do I feel lucky? Well....do ya punk?
Barry S.
To the on ramp

Post by Barry S. »

I have Hagon's as well, they ask you what you weigh and taylor the shocks to your bike/weight, nice people to deal with.
2007 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
markj
To the on ramp

Post by markj »

I think I'm going to order #4 style in 12.5 or .6 inches. I don't like the logo on the bottom - hopefully that will come off somehow.
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Another option are Ikons - I have these on two of my bikes. As with the Hagons, they can be tailored to your needs as far as appearance and spring loading, and they are fully rebuildable. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
jaybob
To the on ramp

Post by jaybob »

The logo on the bottom of the shock body is just a sticker. It comes off easily.
markj
To the on ramp

Post by markj »

Well I got the shocks yesterday and the quality appears to be very good. They seems very close to the stock length. The guy who sold them to me said that the 320mm(12.6") would be too long with stock pipes and recommended these. They are 310mm which comes out to about 12.2". These are the wide line series. They "should" fit. I'm a little worried about the chain guard but they are only going to be a couple of 16th's larger then stock.

Once my roller bearings come in I'll mount the swinger and we'll see how they fit. I love the look.

jaybob
To the on ramp

Post by jaybob »

I think I got the wideline shocks also. You may have to massage the chainguard a little.

Those look real nice. Polished stainless is a nice look. bet you can't wait to feel how they work.