Front Suspension Performance

Getting your chassis to handle your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

sukiz
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: RG250

Front Suspension Performance

Post by sukiz »

Hello there! Hope you are all well! I was just looking in the suspension section in hope to find a thread to relate to my problem, but I haven't had any luck so far. I am wanting to improve the front suspension on my RG250 to hopefully improve the performance on the road. Can anybody suggest what would be an improvement? Thanks!
bs_racer
On the street

Re: Front Suspension Performance

Post by bs_racer »

I put a pair of gsxr forks on mine. They are 1989 750 forks, 41 mm. They work great. I can't advise about the axle size , you might have to change bearings or something like that. I'm using 17" Katana wheels.
Worrying is simply praying for something you don't want.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

http://the2strokeforum.proboards.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are very good with several guys with modded RGs on there. UK based too.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
sukiz
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: RG250

Post by sukiz »

Spoke with these guys http://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/suzuki ... rvice.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; who confirmed my suspicions that the forks were poor and suggested as a budget upgrade with out having to do anything drastic such as a full fork change, that a refresh and a re-spring might be the way forward. They only charge £120 to refresh the oil and seals and they charge £85 for a set of springs.
bs_racer
On the street

Post by bs_racer »

I agree with the above posts. Better oil, new seals, new springs and possibly, if your budget allows, cartridge emulators. The GSXR forks are probably overkill on my bike but I race mine and it has less flex in the front end with these.
Worrying is simply praying for something you don't want.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

sukiz wrote:Spoke with these guys http://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/suzuki ... rvice.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; who confirmed my suspicions that the forks were poor and suggested as a budget upgrade with out having to do anything drastic such as a full fork change, that a refresh and a re-spring might be the way forward. They only charge £120 to refresh the oil and seals and they charge £85 for a set of springs.
Fairly local to me, only 45 mins away, so might come in useful. Cheers.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.