has anyone tried G oil?

Everything you want to know about oil but were "afraid to ask"!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

fuzzybutt
On the street

has anyone tried G oil?

Post by fuzzybutt »

i saw an article about it a few days ago, it's made from cow parts from slaughterhouses and rendering plants and the 2 stroke oil is biodegradable.
72 suzuki t500
74 honda cb750k
75 honda cb750f
hopefully soon, a 1948 ariel square four.

fat people are harder to kidnap
GT Tim
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Re: has anyone tried G oil?

Post by GT Tim »

fuzzybutt wrote:i saw an article about it a few days ago, it's made from cow parts from slaughterhouses and rendering plants and the 2 stroke oil is biodegradable.

OHHHH NOOOOO!!!! "G" OIL NOW!!!! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! :lol:
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

OK, I'll bite. So does it make Green smoke, or does it just clog the arteries and give your bike cardiac arrest?
fuzzybutt
On the street

Post by fuzzybutt »

it's supposed to be less polluting. i'm not a bunny hugger or anything, just wondering if anyone has used it and how the motorcycle ran with it.
72 suzuki t500
74 honda cb750k
75 honda cb750f

tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Fuzzy,

Doesn't look like anyone here has used it yet. If it works well, why not. I'm all for reducing oil usage and excessive consumption - even though I choose to own several old 2 smokes.

At some point in time we will run pout of oil - it is a finite resource and we are wasting it at an unsustainable rate, so let''s at least check it out.
H2RICK
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A, GSF1200SK6 currently

Post by H2RICK »

Unless you're under 10 years old, you'll have enough oil for the rest of your life. There is soooooo much BS about "peak oil" right now (and over the last 5 years or so) that it makes me laugh....and then gag. The whole "peak oil" scare is just the speculators' way of driving up the price to enrichen themselves.
At current rates of consumption, current WORST case guesstimates are that Saudi Arabia ALONE has enough oil for ~50 years.
The oil sands in Alberta (currently not completely delineated) are about half the size of Saudi Arabia's reserves.....and when delineation is complete they are expected to equal Saudi's reserves.
And then there's Russia/Siberia, Mexico, Venezuela, Nigeria, Iraq, Iran, North Africa, etc etc.
The BIG problem, of course, is the POLITICS of oil.....an entirely different subject than the availability of oil.
Nope, the BIG problem of the new millenium in a LOT of places will be the lack of potable WATER, IMO. We can live without oil...but water is another story entirely..... :wink:
GT550A Mint & Original
H2A Semi-Hot Rod Built From A Basket Case
KZ650C2 Mint & Original...mostly
GSF1200SK6 Bandit...My LD Ride
Additional H2 projects In Boxes.....
MBD Sufferer
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Rick,

Now that all depends on what level of usage that model was predicated on. Now that economies have cooled slightly, oil will last much longer, but at the rate we were starting to burn it, the reserves as calculated by the people in the industry that know, was a lot less.

But using your numbers, if we run out by the time my grandson gets old, that's not good. We need to waste less and make better use of what we have. It makes sense.

It's not about scare tactics or politics. it's about good stewardship of teh earth. Most of us believe we should leave the world in a better condition than we left it, and yet as individuals and as a society we treat it as if it will last forever.

Case in point, the US has 4% of the world's population and yet we consume 25% of the oil. We also create almost 25% of the world's pollution and waste. We also happen to have about 25% of the world's incarcerated and are the biggest consumers of illicit drugs. There is room for improvement I think.

That is one of the great things about this recession. People are saying that they are glad they can finally get off the Shop til you Drop merrygoround. There is a sense of relief in some ways, odd as that might sound.
fuzzybutt
On the street

Post by fuzzybutt »

tz375 wrote:Rick,
That is one of the great things about this recession. People are saying that they are glad they can finally get off the Shop til you Drop merrygoround. There is a sense of relief in some ways, odd as that might sound.
+1 on that. i was discussing just this with my wife a few nights ago.
72 suzuki t500
74 honda cb750k
75 honda cb750f

H2RICK
AMA Superbike

Post by H2RICK »

Sorry but no relief for me. I've NEVER bought into the newest/latest/greatest
gotta-have-it fad!!! Madison Avenue's propaganda never penetrated far enough into my thick head, I guess. I would definitely fail a "Greatest Consumer" test, for sure. I've never given a rat's about what anyone else had.....ESPECIALLY my neighbours.
GT550A Mint & Original
MBD Sufferer
fuzzybutt
On the street

Post by fuzzybutt »

we purchased a couple of bottles of the 2 stroke oil from them and put it in my friends sled while i was in ohio over the weekend. he said, there didnt seem to be any performance advantage but that it seems to be a bit quieter now. he's going to run it for the rest of the season and report.
72 suzuki t500
74 honda cb750k
75 honda cb750f

Jughead
This IS the real me!!!

Post by Jughead »

What oil that we do save from using "G" oil the rest of Our lives is just going to be Burned in a Commercial Jet Liner on one trip from Here to England.BUT we are using Byproducts and Waste that will only wind up in a Land fill so....... :? :? :? :?
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Good point.

There isn't much that you and I can do about the fuel consumption of a 747 but we can still make choices about our own lives that added up make an impact.

Look at the high fuel prices over the summer. As individuals we cut back on our consumption. As a nation we significantly reduced our consumption and the amount of oil imported.

Our efforts do make a difference. Now that doesn't mean we all have to use a horse and buggy tomorrow or give up our bikes, we just have to be a little smarter with our overall use of commodities.
GT Tim
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by GT Tim »

Look at the high fuel prices over the summer
Which had nothing to do overall with the supply of oil and everything to do with greedy unregulated commodity speculators that entered the market creating false demand and artificial high prices...the same crew that ran Enron into the ground.

Morgan Stanley is the largest oil company in the world.

Look it up...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/ ... age3.shtml

http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-Oil/ ... 5120080910

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1221007 ... lenews_wsj
H2RICK
AMA Superbike

Post by H2RICK »

Which had nothing to do overall with the supply of oil and everything to do with greedy unregulated commodity speculators that entered the market creating false demand and artificial high prices...the same crew that ran Enron into the ground.
Totally agree, Tim. The worst thing is that those crooks will never see the inside of a courtroom AND they get to keep all their ill-gotten gains AND they can keep on with their low-rent activities with impunity at any time in the future......over and over again.
Child molesters are at the bottom of the criminal scale but crooked speculators are not very far from the bottom, IMO. Grrrr...... :evil:
GT550A Mint & Original
MBD Sufferer
Digger
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500M, GT380, MTS1200S

Re: Good News And Bad News (joke)

Post by Digger »

hkoea621 wrote:[font=Arial]"*************************************************

"*****************************************?"

"**************************************************t."

"************?"

"************************."
[/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]No [/font][font=Arial]money[/font][font=Arial] no way in real life,no [/font][font=Arial]gold[/font][font=Arial] no way in game![/font]
Well said, that man Image
Digger

1975 T500M
1977 GT380
2011 MTS1200S