Suzuki brand CCI 2 stroke oil ....... discontinued ??

Everything you want to know about oil but were "afraid to ask"!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

wvc
To the on ramp

Suzuki brand CCI 2 stroke oil ....... discontinued ??

Post by wvc »

I've always run the Suzuki brand CCI 2 stroke oil in my bikes. ( in the past, its always been the cheapest 2 stroke oil, and I figure who knows better what to run in a Suzuki than Suzuki). I went to the dealer today to buy a few quarts and the guy at the counter claims Suzuki has discontinued offering 2 stroke oils. :shock: He said they ordered some a couple weeks ago and suzuki called and said it was no longer available. It was the 1st I've heard of such a thing. Anyone else heard of this ?? I'm hoping maybe this guy just has no idea what he's talking about.
76 GT500 - restoration project in work
4 other 76 GT500's
1.5 GT550's
4 GT380's
5 T500's (72-75 models)
4 GT750's

Suzuki GT hoarder...and a bad case of OBD.....(old bike disease)
geck0
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500's

Re: Suzuki brand CCI 2 stroke oil ....... discontinued ??

Post by geck0 »

We have a multi brand cycle shop in my area. I was just there a week ago buying oil and I did see just one liter of Suzuki 2 stroke CCI oil. Its had a $5.50 tag on it. I do need ot return for a item. maybe Ill by it and save it as an investment :idea:
T500R (Stock)
T500J (Next Stock Project)
T500? (Cafe project 34.6%)
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 dragbike

Post by Herman T »

I was at the local Suzuki dealer today and remembered this post so I asked them if it was true and they said yes. All they have is there stock on hand and then they won't be able to get more of it. This oil is all that I have ever used in my triples, including the Kawasaki's. I will buy a case of it as the dealer said they have a quite a few quarts left at the moment.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Herman,

It's time to move up to big boy race oils.

I use Yamalube in my street bikes and Motul or Silkolene in more highly strung motors. For race bikes, we use ELF, Motul, Silkolene or Castrol A747 depending on what we can get and where we are at the time. At the moment I have too many different oils collected from other racers who buy by the case and then change to the next big thing. I should dump them all and move to all Silkolene products for consistency and reliability.

Silkolene is available from Silkolenestore.com run by Audrey Menaric (Sp?) of Moto Liberty. Audrey supported many 2 stroke racers over the years.
greasemonkey
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Gt500

Post by greasemonkey »

Here in Belgium it's not available any more @ the suzuki dealer.
we bought a drum (200l) a few years back directly from the castrol importer (a747) and I'm still using that.
Barry S.
To the on ramp

Post by Barry S. »

I have used Pennzoil semi-synthetic outboard motor oil in my bike for years, no problems at all. It's $16-18 a gallon.
2007 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
RING_DING
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 GT750 B-4 (JDM), 1975 GT750M

Post by RING_DING »

I used Bel-Ray 2 stroke oil back in the 70's in all my 2-strokes. They still have a non-synth product available:
http://www.belray.com/bel-ray-2t-mineral-engine-oil" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm using this in the Kettle right now, and so far no problems. Seems to burn pretty clean too. It's a lovely blue color, to match the smoke :D
1973 Suzuki GT750K with Sidecar - Bonneville 2020
minerb
Still in the Driveway

Post by minerb »

a quick message for you about the cci 2 stroke oil. I was recently asked to liquidate all the merchandise from a suzuki shop here locally. I have 2 cases of unopened Suzuki cci super 2 stroke oil. $2.99 a bottle. let me know. and visit http://www.minerb.com for all the liquidation items.

Brian "MinerB"
minerb
Still in the Driveway

Post by minerb »

I am sold out on the 2 stroke oil, glad it could find some good homes here :) Keep your eyes on http://www.minerb.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as I continue to liquidate all the stuff from our Suzuki shop that we didn't send back to Suzuki.

MinerB