GT750 oil pump

Everything you want to know about oil but were "afraid to ask"!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Re: GT750 oil pump

Post by rbond »

Someone posted that Polaris uses banjo/check valves that might be direct replacements for GT's. They are designed to be disassemble for cleaning and are connected with flexible tubing. I have not had the chance to check this out, so it may be just another wishful thought......
bill in okc
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '69 Rebel, '75 Indy

Post by bill in okc »

I took my oil pump apart for a general inspection and had difficulties with the top gasket. Of course half of the gasket stuck the the top and half stuck to the main body. It is a very thin gasket from the factory so I found the thinnest gasket material I could find to make a new gasket. It is an "interesting" gasket to make, but after a few tries I had a reasonably accurate replacement. So... now I have injection oil seeping out around the top of the pump - either through the gasket material or around it. I'm sure Suzuki does not sell this gasket, does someone here make them for the various Suzuki oil pumps?
Questions:
Is the thickness of the gasket important? Would thicker than stock be a problem? More material options are available in thicker sheets.
Does anyone have a known-good recommendation for gasket material and a source to order it from?
Would the GT380, GT550 and GT750 pumps use the same gasket here - in case somebody makes one?

Thanks,
Bill
1975 GT550
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

That gasket is available from Reiner in Germany under his part number 16110-31010-000-Z. I've bought a few from him - they are perfect. his email is GTReiner1@aol.com . 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
Rhencullen
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT380 GT750 GPZ900R

Post by Rhencullen »

oldjapanesebikes wrote:That gasket is available from Reiner in Germany under his part number 16110-31010-000-Z. I've bought a few from him - they are perfect. his email is GTReiner1@aol.com . 8)
Very helpful post ( as usual ) Ian :up:
'78 GT750 Image

'84 GPZ900R
bill in okc
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '69 Rebel, '75 Indy

Post by bill in okc »

I ordered a gasket about 10 days ago and picked it up yesterday. As you say - perfect. Thanks!
1975 GT550