The road to over 100hp- easy enough with a GT 750?

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

ja-moo
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Re: The road to over 100hp- easy enogh with a GT 750?

Post by ja-moo »

water cooled wrote:I've read this thread more than once and thought it may help a little if I provided some information on configuration:

Motor - 1974 L model
race porting loosely based on TR750 exhaust and transfers.
stock 70.5 mm pistons with balanced stock rods/pins/bearings
stock crank
squish head inserts
JEMCo chambers with cans
38 mm Mikuni rounds

100+ RWHP at 8000 rpm (Jemco's are operating near their limit)
Have you put up the dyno sheet somewhere?
Visiting from the "K" camp...........
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 Suzuki GT750

Post by water cooled »

Not yet.... :ssh: but I will very soon! I'll post it here on this thread.
ja-moo
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by ja-moo »

water cooled wrote:Not yet.... :ssh: but I will very soon! I'll post it here on this thread.

COOL!
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

JA,
As far as I can tell, Dyno charts can't be published on the web. It must be some sort of technical issue. Surely it can't be that no one wants to let any one else know what they got :roll:

Shannon in Australia has a short video of his Seeley TR750 on youtube and the comments mention 118 at the rear wheel. I'd like to know how that was achieved.
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

tz375 wrote:JA,
As far as I can tell, Dyno charts can't be published on the web. It must be some sort of technical issue. Surely it can't be that no one wants to let any one else know what they got :roll:

Shannon in Australia has a short video of his Seeley TR750 on youtube and the comments mention 118 at the rear wheel. I'd like to know how that was achieved.
If you convert it into a pdf, or jpg, you can post it.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
ja-moo
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by ja-moo »

rngdng wrote:

Lane
I believe that was "tounge n cheek" as there is always lots of "talk" about dyno figures, yet no one seem to post them......... :roll:
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

I don't mind posting the information. To me, the dyno chart is what it is... there.s a hundred guys that will question the dyno results anyway and I understand that. Im not chasing HP....it's just one function in the equation to breaking through the 10's. Im as interested in losing weight as I am in HP gains that can be had. My bike is a work in progress anyway so the results will only be pertinent for a little while before we change something else and then the dyno chart is nothing more than a mile marker along the way.
Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEGPnEsd ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the older i get the faster i was
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Isn't that Alan Pulsifier's bike getting a workout after SCR did his porting and he added Jemcos? That has to be the most unusual and dangerous dyno operation I recall seeing - not exactly OSHA compliant but I seem to recall that Alan was well pleased with the results and the dyno operator seemed to know what he was doing when it came to jetting.

I don't remember seeing a chart but Alan did post some adjusted numbers for Crank HP as converted by that software. He also had some real wheel numbers IIRC.

According to my notes from the time, it was making about 79 RWHP with mild ports, VM32 carbs and Jemco chambers which is quite amazing for the state of tune.

Of course we have to remember that different dynos generate different numbers. What's important is to keep using teh same dyno and see if the changes are improving or hurting performance.
shannon
On the street

Post by shannon »

ja-moo wrote:
rngdng wrote:

Lane
I believe that was "tounge n cheek" as there is always lots of "talk" about dyno figures, yet no one seem to post them......... :roll:

Tongue n cheek eh? Gotta love those vm34's and Jemco's ;-)
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Hey Shannon, Good to see you still lurking.

Tongue in cheek referred to the posting on the net.

I'd really like to know what you had to do to get 118 RWHP. I remember seeing a dyno print out of a 124 or 129 RWHP motor from Australia (not very clear on the scan) and that was interesting.
ja-moo
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by ja-moo »

water cooled wrote:I don't mind posting the information. To me, the dyno chart is what it is... there.s a hundred guys that will question the dyno results anyway and I understand that. Im not chasing HP....it's just one function in the equation to breaking through the 10's. Im as interested in losing weight as I am in HP gains that can be had. My bike is a work in progress anyway so the results will only be pertinent for a little while before we change something else and then the dyno chart is nothing more than a mile marker along the way.
I wasn't referring to you. It's just since the advent of message boards there have been so many "my bike dynoed XXXXX". Great, put up the sheet. And for some reason they don't get posted.

I don't look at top numbers as the do-all, be-all, it's the curve that tells the story. I have never been into drag racing, but I like to see the power curves those motors product. Dyno's are just tools............
D&D CHASSIS
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 dragbike

Post by D&D CHASSIS »

water cooled wrote:I've read this thread more than once and thought it may help a little if I provided some information on configuration:

Motor - 1974 L model
race porting loosely based on TR750 exhaust and transfers.
stock 70.5 mm pistons with balanced stock rods/pins/bearings
stock crank
squish head inserts
JEMCo chambers with cans
38 mm Mikuni rounds

100+ RWHP at 8000 rpm (Jemco's are operating near their limit)
Let me say when Kevins motor "was" in this state of tune, it was very smooth, almost electric motor like. IE;an excellent street motor.......... that makes 101.4 rwhp@8100 rpm 67-70 lbs tq@around 7000 rpm
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

I remember back then......that was back in the old days when we were just doing this for fun... :twisted:
ja-moo
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by ja-moo »

Any "paper" yet?........... :wink: