1976A Dyno Run

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

tz375
Moto GP

Re: 1976A Dyno Run

Post by tz375 »

Ian, very nice results. Thanks for sharing.

It is interesting that raising the ports by 3.5mm ( spacer plus extra gasket) did not tun it into a rev mad race bike with no bottom end. It simply raised the curve at all revs but more at the top and gives a pretty good idea of what happens when a motor is freshened up. I suspect that raising the intakes also helped to bring back some of the bottom end that might have been lost if the transfer and exhaust ports were raised by that amount by porting alone.

The speed at which it peaks was raised but with no downside at all.

The pipes added some at the top end but are clearly street pipes because they did not raise peak revs at all. Yes they lost a little HP below mid revs and gained a lot at the top end but overall they were a nice improvement and much lighter than stock pipes too.

If you would like more top end, try raising the exhaust port roof to increase blowdown time and exhaust duration a little.
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

tz375 wrote:If you would like more top end, try raising the exhaust port roof to increase blowdown time and exhaust duration a little.
Thanks Richard - appreciated. All I've done so far is what you have suggested in many previous posts over the years. And I'm happy to say it worked 'as advertised'. :up:

I have another dyno day tentatively planned for next week to run some other pipes I have - I'll post results here when I have them. We can perhaps talk off line about future changes, but nothing will be happening soon. It's a toy, not a vocation ! 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

oldjapanesebikes wrote:
tz375 wrote:If you would like more top end, try raising the exhaust port roof to increase blowdown time and exhaust duration a little.
...... It's a toy, not a vocation ! 8)
And how many bikes do you have? :lol: :lol:

It's an obsession.

If you run out of pipes to test, let me know and I'll ship you a few more to try.