who, besides jemco does chambers for my titan?

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

fuzzybutt
On the street

who, besides jemco does chambers for my titan?

Post by fuzzybutt »

i have really nice original pipes on it but i am really wanting the performance/sound/look of chambers. i dont have a huge amount to spend now but i will as soon as the first check rolls in in 6 months or so.
72 suzuki t500
74 honda cb750k
75 honda cb750f
hopefully soon, a 1948 ariel square four.

fat people are harder to kidnap
Kris Bernstein
Around the block

T500 Expansion chambers

Post by Kris Bernstein »

Dave Swarbrick at Swarbrick Racing in the UK.
Best money can buy...

Kris
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

What's wrong with Jemcos? I have them on my GT750 and my TS400 and did have them on an H2; they work, fast turnaround, and reasonable price. Everyone at the annual KTC meet at Deals Gap agrees that my GT750 sounds better than anything else.

What more do you want?

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
Kris Bernstein
Around the block

Pipes for cools sounds....

Post by Kris Bernstein »

"Everyone at the annual KTC meet at Deals Gap agrees that my GT750 sounds better than anything else..."

Well, I guess if cool sound is what you are looking for the Jemcos should do the trick.
Being a vintage road racer there are other considerations...

Kris
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Re: Pipes for cools sounds....

Post by rngdng »

Kris Bernstein wrote:"Everyone at the annual KTC meet at Deals Gap agrees that my GT750 sounds better than anything else..."

Well, I guess if cool sound is what you are looking for the Jemcos should do the trick.
Being a vintage road racer there are other considerations...

Kris

It also runs like an H2. What are you looking for? My pipes do top-out at about 8K, and the bike only puts 80 HP on the ground.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
fuzzybutt
On the street

Post by fuzzybutt »

rngdng wrote:What's wrong with Jemcos? I have them on my GT750 and my TS400 and did have them on an H2; they work, fast turnaround, and reasonable price. Everyone at the annual KTC meet at Deals Gap agrees that my GT750 sounds better than anything else.

What more do you want?

Lane

nothing at all wrong with them, i was just trying to find something a bit cheaper. this motorcycle has GOT to go together for as little money as possible as i spent most of my disposable income on my cb750 k4 build. i'd even be pleased with a set of used ones that arent bent beyong recognition. rust hole repairs are no trouble.
72 suzuki t500
74 honda cb750k
75 honda cb750f
hopefully soon, a 1948 ariel square four.

fat people are harder to kidnap
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 Suzuki GT750

Swarbrick v Jemco

Post by water cooled »

Jemcos are a streetable (performance) exhaust system for stock or mildly ported/lifted GT engines. Jemco's top out at about 8000 rpm which is just below redline so not a lot more allowable unless other components are modified to handle the increased rpms.

I went to the Swarbrick racing site and see that the TR750 exhaust system costs only slightly more than Jemcos but suspect the dims are more consistent with TR porting which becomes important to keep the chamber stuffed since the exhaust port roofs are much higher at 32mm vs. stock at 42.5 or 40 depending upon which year barrel you have.

There are very sharp people here on the board that can explain this in better detail but I am very interested in understanding the Swarbrick design as it relates to race engine performance. Not much was available on his site.

Fuzzybutts best option for a new set of streetable pipes is probably Jemco or something on ebay if he is looking to spend less than $500.