ENGMOD2T

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

ja-moo
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Re: ENGMOD2T

Post by ja-moo »

PEDRO wrote:Anyone out there got any experience with engmod2t by this vannik chap, had a few people raving about it??

I have Doc Blairs stuff, Bimotion and mota, just wondered how it compared or just any comments.

Was going to buy it and compare, but 1) aint got a lot of time to play at the moment, 2) don't fancy shelling out $400 for what could be tat!!
It seems to be the newest program out there. Seems most of the big dogs are using it now.
Visiting from the "K" camp...........
tz375
Moto GP

Re: ENGMOD2T

Post by tz375 »

Pedro, I stick to Bimotion for initial design to get into the ball park and for manipulating pipe designs and then use Mota simulation to generate simulated HP results. Guys like Wobbly use it and he is master class ie GP pipes at the world level.

I would like to run a couple of 3 into 1 designs through it to see how it handles the data and to see the results. I contacted IWT to see if there's a more advanced version of MOTA to run those sims, but no answers so far.

There's an interesting paper out there by Vannik on tail pipe Cd, but it doesn't go the next step to explore what really works in terms of discontinuous tail pipe entry scenarios. It's part of his Masters thesis and he incorporated that subtle factor into that software.

One of us needs a copy and I don't have the cash or mental space at the moment,so how about you do all the hard work and I'll send you my pipe designs - just to help your learning curve :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: