T500 Tunning

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

geck0
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500's

T500 Tunning

Post by geck0 »

I have 250 miles on the T500R rebuild. 100 of which was 45 mph easy and city stop & go cooling off between runs not going over 4k rpms. I ran the tank half full with premix.
I was not happy with the performance at all. even after running unmixed gas. She started on the first kick with starter channel open but had poor throttle response. Went in and out,(air) up and down(needle) and hot to cold(plug). nothing worked until I put on a different set of carbs and now I have my bike back :D
Still had to do the usual tuning but now it pulls in all gears and good throttle response as long as the Rs are 3k or better. I took her out on the highway yesterday to 70 mph and still had more left. This is after I found a station the serves PURE GAS (0 Ethanol) @ 91 octane. Its about 30 miles from home. but worth the trip.
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp
I think it is a bit lean or timing abit advance. Ill try the timing first.
Im getting about 290-310 F on the left side and 270-290 F on right. this is after a hard ride at 95 F sunny day.
Well off for another ride today because its a bit cooler 80s and want to see if my changes worked.
T500R (Stock)
T500J (Next Stock Project)
T500? (Cafe project 34.6%)
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A, GSF1200SK6 currently

Re: T500 Tunning

Post by H2RICK »

Way to go, GeckO !!! :up:
It's amazing how a correctly cleaned set of carbs can solve soooo many "problems". :wink:
GT550A Mint & Original
H2A Semi-Hot Rod Built From A Basket Case
KZ650C2 Mint & Original...mostly
GSF1200SK6 Bandit...My LD Ride
Additional H2 projects In Boxes.....
MBD Sufferer