72 carbs

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

72buffalo10
On the street

72 carbs

Post by 72buffalo10 »

I have a 72 GT750 all stock and want to change to the individual filters. what jets are recommended. also if I weld shut the transfer ports on the exhaust for the center cycler would I benefit or should i just wait for chambers?
Zook-e
Smokin'

Post by Zook-e »

I would start by going up on the mains two sizes and work down from there. You will probably have to go up one on the pilot jets as well.

As for the stock pipes, I would hate to see you weld up the cross overs and ruin a set of stock pipes. I would be interested in the stock pipes if they are in good condition.

Chambers would be a good additon as they will also aleviate the extra weight of stock pipes and increase your power to weight ratio.
"If you keep hitting your head against the wall you will eventually put a hole in the wall or your head"

1968 T500 Monoshock, 1972 GT750 Custom, 1973 GT750 Lemans

http://www.sundialmotosports.com
Barry S.
To the on ramp

Post by Barry S. »

Can you put freeze plugs in the cross-over holes?
jkevinlilly
My new bike is "IRIS"

Post by jkevinlilly »

Jeff, on http://kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/phpBB2/index.php, has mentioned doing something similar to this with a GT550. Don't know exactly what he used to for plugging the crossovers, or how it improved performance, but I'm sure he would explain it if you contact him.

I agree with Eric, I would not do anything permanent to a good set of stock pipes.

Kevin
Everything Commeth
To He Who Waiteth
So Long As He Who Waiteth
Worketh Like Hell While He Waiteth
tz375
Moto GP

Re: 72 carbs

Post by tz375 »

Freeze plugs have always been the preferred option to plug the pipes - or that's my take on many posts over the years. it is commonly held that blocking them shifts the powerband slightly so there's slightly more at the top end and less at the bottom. Think of it as a republican redistribution. :roll: :lol:

Chambers are the way to go for more power and an edgier powerband.

You could always drop the intake floor and raise the exhaust port roof. It will add a little power but will carve chunks off the bottom end and it will FEEL like it comes on strong - same effect as most eighties 4 into 1 4 stroke exhausts of that era.