The Mighty Buffalo Update

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Zook-e
Smokin'

The Mighty Buffalo Update

Post by Zook-e »

Wow Tim,

Saw the motor on Muzza's site, can't believe it is the same motor. PM me your address so I can get the sris out to you. It's on the table waiting. Looking forward to more updates.
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

POST IT HERE!!!!!

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
Ogri
On the main road

Post by Ogri »

Here it is.

I still have a lot of work to do on it. at the point in the photo, I hadn't done anything to the clutch lever cover. I have to get a smaller buffing wheel to get into some of the tight nooks and crannies. I also have to polish the other side. I did some sanding over there, but I have yet to do any polishing.

A good friend of mine has a Paint store in Athens, TN. He carries an aluminum polish that works like nothing I have ever used before. It was manufactured by a friend of his in Florida and is no longer available. Of course, it works fantastic, so it has to go away.

Anyway, I have been using a DA sander with 320 grit to remove all the old finish and then using this polish on a cone shaped buffing wheel. It comes up to a mirror polish in no time.

I plan to finish the polishing, mask it off and then begin taking a red 3M Scotchbrite to the remainder of the engine. Then I'll put a couple of coats of silver PPG Delfleet Evolution to guarantee a long lasting finish.
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 Suzuki GT750

Sweat and Polish

Post by water cooled »

Ogri,

I am now at the point were I am begining to paint and polish my bike. I am very interested in the details of how you removed the old finishes (on the cases) and how best to polish up all the aluminum. What are the tools, grit levels, buffing wheels, polish etc. Anythiing you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Your engine looks great....cant get enough. Keep posting your progress. I am very interested in how you are doing.
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

I remove the old finish with paint stripper. It gets you right down to the aluminum quickly, and without trauma. Just let it sit for 30 minutes, then hose it off.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 Suzuki GT750

Post by water cooled »

Thanks Lane,

I'll give it a try during the winter and see if I cant clean up a number or areas on the bike.

Thanks...