spacer plate querry

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

36mm on a stock block is getting really close.

So for 32mm, use a 4.0mm spacer (including second gasket) and take 4mm off the top.

That's OK on a pure race bike but no use on the street of course.

BTW, the later MAB intakes are too low for a street bike, it's better to just clean then up when using a spacer. Too much intake duration hurts bottom end performance. OK for you hot shot nationally ranked racers.. 8) :wink:
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 Suzuki GT750

Post by water cooled »

The intake porting is where I am focusing my concern. I have the bridges removed as you know but the roof of the intake is currently at 77.4mm and floor of intake is 105.2mm with a Cometics (0.032") .813mm spacer currently under the block. I removed the stock base gasket and have 2 Cometics gaskets (.010") .25mm under the block.

If I replace the current spacer with a 4mm spacer in order to get the exhaust roof closer to the correct position, then the roof of the intake will be 74.2mm (difference of the two spacers) and the floor will be at 102mm...understanding the intake floors still need to be lower....maybe as much as 8mm lower but my concern is the roof...and/or total intake volume with an already bridge-less intake port.

Block is 1974.