Pictures of GT/TR750 Pork Chop Crank

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Kris Bernstein
Around the block

Pictures of GT/TR750 Pork Chop Crank

Post by Kris Bernstein »

I've posted pictures of the recently arrived Chris Applebee-GT/TR750 "Pork Chop" crank with the Nova Straight-Cut primary gear(s). Also notable is the removal of the left side crank taper. This will negate the water pump drive, starter gear(s) and "points" ignition assembly. Also note the oil "slinger" plates were replaced with spacer washers as the oil pump and plumbing lines will be removed and the motor will run on pre-mix only.
The cases will be milled flush to the former location of the crank seal and an aluminum blanking plate will be turned to seal the motor on the left side. The cases will need to be sealed with Devcon epoxy and/or heliarc weld where water or oil was once allowed to move through the motor.
The water drain plug on the lower case will be modified to fit an Aroquip water line inlet and the water will exit the top of the cylinder.

headhttp://s638.photobucket.com/albums/uu108/Kris_Bernstein/
Coyote
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550x2, GT750, GS1000

Post by Coyote »

Link doesn't work. Page cannot be displayed error.............
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left.

1978 GS1000C
1976 GT550 ongoing money pit.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

Yep .. a cool looking crank .. i know it would be more work but i would have been tempted to knife edge the throws . Image
the older i get the faster i was
Kris Bernstein
Around the block

Knife Edging Throws

Post by Kris Bernstein »

Spoke to Chris prior to ordering the crank and he recommended against knife edging as it works for four stroke motors living in a pool of crankcase oil bit could actually make the crank too light with no performance value for the investment.
Time to start milling the cases... Will record measured width of cases prior and post narrowing. Would be interested in knowing the width of the stock motor with all those shiny side covers on it...???

Kris