Throtle cable

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

dbc105
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500

Throtle cable

Post by dbc105 »

i've converted my T500 race bike to premix and need to remove the oil pump cable and the cable box where one goes in and 3 come out does unscrew like the one on my other bike, I try to unscrew it and it just twist. Also it is made of plastic not aluminium like my other bike. How do I get this apart without breaking it?

Thanks,
DC
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Re: Throtle cable

Post by Zunspec4 »

If you can manage it a TZ style/twin cable throttle assy. is the way to go. I use one made by Domino on my race bike.

Cheers Geoff
dbc105
On the street

Post by dbc105 »

I wondered if this one was off an RD as my RD400 has one like it but the only thing that holds it together is the spring tension of the cable.
dbc105
On the street

Post by dbc105 »

Geoff, I had meant to ask you before about the oil passage holes you drilled up to the transfers. On this engine I used a long 5/64" drill and drilled from the existing oil port back upwards at an angle to the transfer and then drilled back down from the top with a 1/4" drill(convert to metric as needed) leaving the bearings on their locating pins. I was thinking on my next one, I am going to remove those pins on the 2 outer bearing and rotate the bearings so the oil hole points straight up and just drill up to the transfer there so the oil doesn't have such a crooked path to the bearing. With the center bearing still pinned and the cases pulled tight I thing that would work fine. I was curious how you did yours?

DC
dbc105
On the street

Post by dbc105 »

Look what I found on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-or- ... .l4275.c10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Post by Zunspec4 »

Hi DC,

There is no need for additional holes from transfers to bearing, I do not have this "mod" on my race engines. Sorry if in past posts I might have given you the impression that I do. It won't do any harm though.

I would not remove the bearing locator pins they are there to prevent the bearing from spinning in it's journals.

Cheers Geoff