Flatslide carbs????

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Jimroid
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT500 T500 GT750

Flatslide carbs????

Post by Jimroid »

Are you using/ buying Mikuni or Keihin flatslide carbs?? If not, why not?? The Mikuni TM series came out in about 1985(?) and I have been using them ever since. There is a huge following of the Keihin flatslides too. When I first read about them it made too much sense to not use them, but performance is always a big factor for me. I love crisp, instant throttle response,and of course good fuel economy is always a good thing, isn't it? They are more money, and when changing the needle,the spring set up sucks. I have run sleds and bikes back to back, going from round to flat and back again. No contest! Sure I understand if you are doing a restoration,you want the original looking carbs. What's your story?
titan performance
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100, T200, GT250, T500, GT500, GT550, GT750, GS750

Re: Flatslide carbs????

Post by titan performance »

Tell me exactly what to look for Jim....I bought some Mikuni 34's from an RGV250, with a plan to fit them to my T500 using angled inlets...but I would much prefer to use a more straight forward set up on reflection, and have the benefit of your experience.
Keeping old 2 strokes alive !
Jimroid
To the on ramp

Post by Jimroid »

I'll help any way I can, not really sure what info you would like? You should be able to slide those carbs right into the stock manifolds, or Mikuni rubber manifolds.
titan performance
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100, T200, GT250, T500, GT500, GT550, GT750, GS750

Post by titan performance »

I would need to create angled manifolds as the RGV 250...being a V, has the carbs at angles. They have a few odds and sods missing too, so I may just opt for some new ones......where did you get yours?
Keeping old 2 strokes alive !
Jimroid
To the on ramp

Post by Jimroid »

I have purchased from ,mostly Sudco.com, Amazon,friends, Ebay,and many small local shops. You should have many good choices in the U.K. I would think. Those RGV carbs should probably be saved for another project!