Cylinderhead / gasket

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

wolfgangh
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750

Cylinderhead / gasket

Post by wolfgangh »

Hi, i have bought the engine for my BIMOTAHB1 replica 5 or 6 years ago in already tuned state so I am now reverse engineering to find out state of tune. I dont have access to the seller anymore.

Porting is close to TR spec with a 3mm spacer plate (plus extra base gasket this gives a 3.5mm raise). Upper side of cylinderblock was milled to 0,6mm deck height.

Cylinderhead was milled 1,5mm and one of the later aftermarket head gaskets with 1,2mm thickness was used. Due to issue with 75mm holes in the gasket vs. a 71mm cylinder bore and the bore misalignment I want to get a coppergasket with precise alignment.

Now my question:
Usually coppergaskets are thinner than the 1,2mm ATHENA gasket. Together with the 1,5mm that were milled off, would this still be in a safe compression range?

Also, since COMETICS does not reply to inquiry (I am based in Austria/Europe), do you know which thickness I can get coppergaskets and who could supply them (preferably a 1mm/ 0,04" one)
old racer
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: RG250 GT750L GT750 DRAG seelyt500 tr500MK3

Re: Cylinderhead / gasket

Post by old racer »

But not cheap.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GT-TR7 ... Sw7ThUnti5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wolfgangh
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750

Post by wolfgangh »

Thanks old racer, ordered it! Shame that posting to Austria is 21 GBP, half of the gasket price.
old racer
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: RG250 GT750L GT750 DRAG seelyt500 tr500MK3

Post by old racer »

You want to try being in the UK and buying somsthing from the states.
It sometimes cost twice the price of the item. :shock: