GT 550 PISTONS

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

pj landspeed
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT250,GT550,GS1000,GSX1100 X18 ,SOME KAWAS A

GT 550 PISTONS

Post by pj landspeed »

hello all,
i had these great bikes as a youth and never stopped riding bikes , the bikes got bigger and faster , i was clearing some parts and space out from my 54 bike + spares and found a few parts which i think will be fun.
most of the 550 engine is there , crank rebuilt , fresh bearings seals and rods OUCH.
where is a good source for pistons ?
i have seen the re pop ones on ebolabay but am wary of unknown makes , i emailed all the usual suspects wossner , wiseco , etc
any recommendations guys ?
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Re: GT 550 PISTONS

Post by GT750Battleship »

:) Hi,this has been discussed before on here,Cruzin Image pistons are o.k. apparently,available on EBay.
Cheers,
Roger
GT750Battleship.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: GT 550 PISTONS

Post by Alan H »

Remember that there are distinctly different GT550 engines, early and late - plus some late ones had Nikasil plated bores and the pistons and rings are different on these. Changes were made year on year to some parts too.
Clutches are distinct, early and late Borg Warner types. Late engines have gearchange indicator too. Start with and engine number and we might be able to help - or look HERE (clicky linky) and find year/model etc.
THIS LINK (clicky) tells you lots of stuff too.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.