TG750 Big end bearings

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

tz375
Moto GP

TG750 Big end bearings

Post by tz375 »

Anyone here tried different big end bearings? I don't like the way that stock steel big end cages rub on the big end eye. I see that RM250 and RMX250 big end bearings are the same size but the pictures I see on line tend to be generic and it's hard to tell if the cages are aluminum or steel.

I need either light aluminum cages to resist spinning or galling at very high RPMS or something like an RG500 bearing. I found a new Kawasaki PWC bearing that appears to be aluminum so have some on order out of Nevada and there are a few other options out there overseas which is where I need to go for new rods.

Anyone had any experience they would like to share?
Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Re: TG750 Big end bearings

Post by Suzukidave »

Anything you could get in ceramic http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-typ ... arch-types" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the older i get the faster i was
tz375
Moto GP

Re: TG750 Big end bearings

Post by tz375 »

Those might make good main bearings. I ordered a few different types to see what's up and will have to choose one for the next crank rebuild.

I have been looking at aftermarket GT750 rods and there are a few on the market now. Mitaka make a rod kit with a 22mm wide big end eye which is the same as the 72/3 rods and I wonder if it would work OK in a 74-77 crank. Those are available out of the UK and there are some on a Dutch site. Lots of options now it seems.