BlueBoy carb work.....

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

rngdng
AMA Superbike

BlueBoy carb work.....

Post by rngdng »

Also posted on Kawi board

I have known for many years that BlueBoy (GT750 for those who don't know...) really needed richer slides. I bought the carbs from Cody, and they had 3.0 slides, so I just used them. The bike has always run well although it required too much throttle off idle. I finally bought some 2.5 slides (Thanks Amish John!) and installed them today, and OMG!!!!! I never expected that much change. It idles better than ever, pulls off idle much better, AND actually revved out to 9K before I knew it. It has always fallen off at about 8K. WOO HOO!!!

Another change came from using an early GT head gasket which is actually .25mm thicker than what I had in there. Whatever works I say.....

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
tz375
Moto GP

Re: BlueBoy carb work.....

Post by tz375 »

Good work Lane. Those are 34mm full size carbs IIRC. What needles and needle jets did you end up with - if you don't mind sharing?
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Re: BlueBoy carb work.....

Post by rngdng »

Truthfully, I have no idea... :oops: I haven't looked at the jet numbers in years, and the needle jets are whatever was in them when I got them. Next time I take them apart, I will write it all down. Sorry.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........