T125 tuning question

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

chalcosoma
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki t125 Stinger

T125 tuning question

Post by chalcosoma »

Hello all,

I'm still very new to bike but I am trying my best to learn everything I can while not knowing anyone personally who is into motorcycles. It makes it pretty hard to trouble shoot with limited knowledge but hopefully someone here can lend some advice.

I picked up a T125 stinger in rough shape and I have been trying to bring the performance back up to a decent level. I now have it running but still have some issue with the tuning.

The bike always dies when I am in first gear and I am not going it any throttle. I figured this was just something to do with the tuning of the carbs. The manual suggest that the plug caps are pulled off the plugs one at a time so that only one side fires. Then the carb is adjusted on the side that is firing. Repeat the process on the other side and then have both fire normally and a little more adjusting.

The issue is that when I remove the left side cap the bike runs fine and I can adjust the carb with no issue. When I pull the right side cap the bike won't run. Does this indicate a specific issue?

Thanks!
tz375
Moto GP

Re: T125 tuning question

Post by tz375 »

Yes, It indicates that the left side is not running at all. Remove and clean the carbs and replace the plugs and clean and set the points. The issue may be more serious, but start with teh cheap/free things that just take a little time to fix.
RayinHouston
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T350 and TrailHopper

Re: T125 tuning question

Post by RayinHouston »

That's the problem with NO POWER... only 1/2 you motor running.....
Raymond Johnson in south Texas
"Live Life"