Help anyone? Copper head gasket

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

srech77
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75 Suzuki T500M Titan

Re: Help anyone? Copper head gasket

Post by srech77 »

jeff kushner wrote:I can do better then a link!

Here is Kelsey's number at RK Engineering.... 208-852-3221

If it were my bike, I would cc each head then make the decision on gasket thickness or getting them cut based on the results. You very well might have two different volumes which you will need to address. I have heard of some guys over-sizing the gasket by .2-1mm and I wouldn't necessarily argue with them about it but for me personally, I like a nice, smooth, even fit between barrel, gasket and head but I doubt a small over-size would hurt anything but it does change volume...whether it's enough to cause impact, I'm not sure. I'd rather say when I'm not sure then to pretend I know something that I don't.

jeff
thanks Jeff - I'm just doing a mild mill on the heads, then the standard copper gasket ... I'm not going to mess with the squish for now ... although it doesn't mean I'm not still interested. If I can get a lead on someone who has a set I can get from them, or if I can get someone to make quality ones from my heads this winter or something ... then I may consider it. Depends on whether or not I'm still craving "more" after I get all these mods wrapped up. I'm not against going with bigger carbs and running 116 or something if I need to ... we'll see ;)