What a royal kick in the ass T350

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

rocc99
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 72 T350, 98 Bandit S

Re: What a royal kick in the ass T350

Post by rocc99 »

Figures...the shop only has one 188 Q-0, so no go there.

I'm planning on ordering a pair of the 159 Q-0 along with Hex Mains in 180 and 185 to start.

I found a website, motoparthub.com which has pretty good prices on all of these, and they are all Mikuni made. Anyone have any experience with them? Trying to avoid going through Jets R Us since they are a bit expensive and I'm already in the hole on my new round mains...
rocc99
Around the block

Post by rocc99 »

I ended up ordering everything from Z1 Enterprises. Kind of forgot about them...I'm guessing most of you have dealt with them, but if you haven't they are worth checking out. Very helpful, great prices, and have access to a lot of great parts.
Vintageman
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suz, Yam, Honda, Kaw.

Post by Vintageman »

Roc99

Please note as you choose to use early stock carb jetting specs versus later (because can't get later Jet Needle) there are other subtle diferences too wit respec to stock:

The Clip on DP2 needle is Pos 2 leaner (Later 5DL13 is it 4 richer)
Early uses a 30 pilot (later is 35 pilot)
Early uses Q0 sizes needle jet (Later is P6)
Main Jet 170 ~ flows same as a 120 round (later is 112.5)

As I compare these diference of clip setting, Needle Jet Orfice, main jet sizes and needle taper between early and late it become more apperent to me the jettings are near equivent for all throttle settings.

Suz later jetting and others trend was to move towrds a thinner needle at the tip with smaller main (like th e later t350) versus a fatter tip needle with larger main. More emphasis on the needle controling a broader range of fuel control versper thottle position

This spec compare the two Jet needle sand table form (see last page) versus the eye chart I attached
http://www.3cyl.com/mraxl/manuals/carbtune/carbtune.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now if you had stock air box you should be spot on....

I hope the stock air box proves to be less restrictive than some other bikes I have seen so tuning with pods wont be too bad for you

Agian add just a little oil with gas just in case your main guess is too rich, and if you are say a 185 Hex main or higher versus the stock 170 hex main. You may want to try clip at pos 3 not 2 and try again. The main may be too rich (since you made needle richer) and may need to drop main by -5 .

Again I don't know what the main jet will be with pods just using those relative numbers just as an example.

Fun stuff
Current Bikes
74 GT250 (T350 upgrade),
76 GT250 (T350 upgrade),
71 T350,
70 T350,
74 GT380,
75 T500,
73 GT550,
75 GT750,
72 Yamaha DS7 (R5 upgrade),
77 Yamaha RD400 (Daytona Cyls),
rocc99
Around the block

Post by rocc99 »

Thanks for all the useful info, Vintageman. It seems as though I'm am poised to at least make a respectable effort:

I have 30/32.5 pilots, 175/180/185 hex mains, 159 Q0, and DP2. Currently clipped on third pos.

As you've suggested, I'll be sure to mix some oil in with gas while testing the larger mains. I intend to start with the largest main and work my way back to ideal tune. Now I just need to wait for everything to arrive in the mail...the anticipation! HA

Thanks again to all for the help, I might start to know what I'm doing one of these days!