GT380 poor idle/low RPM metering

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Re: GT380 poor idle/low RPM metering

Post by sportston »

Boise wrote:
sportston wrote:
Boise wrote: Next projects:
Delve into why oil tank bleeds down mainly into middle crankcase while sitting.
Replace the CCI banjo fittings. They have ball valves in them, which leak with age. You can get new ones from Kawasaki. There is a post or two on here somewhere with the relevant part numbers
Brilliant! Thank you!!!
You're welcome. Glad you found some. Just a word of warning. Be careful trying to remove the old ones from the plastic pipe. It can be easy to snap. Slide off the metal collar. Get the plastic pipe nice and hot with a hair dryer, then wiggle the old banjo out with a circular motion. It it doesn't want to come loose, heat it up again and keep trying until it comes. If you just yank it with no heat preparation the pipe will break. Don't ask me how I know this, its embarrassing. :roll:
Good luck
Tom
Boise
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT380 1974

Post by Boise »

GTandcbr wrote:Read this link it will help you
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/blog/2 ... ion-lines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you, great stuff!
Boise
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT380 1974

Post by Boise »

Boise wrote:
GTandcbr wrote:Read this link it will help you
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/blog/2 ... ion-lines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you, great stuff!
Well, I was lucky to find a NOS line set, in Thailand of all places. I had to go this route after I stupidly broke one of the lines while disassembling, right at one of the banjos in a manner that I could not realistically repair the line as suggested by OJB site.

So the 6 valves I bought are for sale:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oil-Injection- ... 3937719430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good news is, she's running great!

(Still need to find good replacement or rebuilder for tack and speedo...)
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Post by sportston »

Boise wrote:I had to go this route after I stupidly broke one of the lines while disassembling, right at one of the banjos in a manner that I could not realistically repair the line as suggested by OJB site.
Don't beat yourself up about it. It is very easy to damage. I did exactly the same on my first attempt. I did a home-made repair using epoxy glue, miniature spring clips and plastic pipe. However, I have another set to replace my bodged set with eventually. It will look a bit tidier.