GT750 reed intake idea's

Getting your blazingly fast Suzuki powerplant to perform even better!

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Re: GT750 reed intake idea's

Post by Suzukidave »

I used a 72 block as a base for my reed engine as i was informed that yr block has extra aluminum around the ports Image
the older i get the faster i was
ja-moo
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by ja-moo »

WOW, 5 years since I posted on this thread. :wth:

I had given up on a reed conversion for the Gt 750, as there was just no real interest. Well I was contacted a few months ago about if I had a kit, and I had only started a bit of the design phase, so the answer was no. And no plans to do one. He was insistent and said he wanted a kit, so with a few months of work, I had one for him! :clap: And I thought you guys might like to see. I don't have any plans on making any more, as it is a very time consuming kit to build. It is very loosely based on my Stage II Kawi 750 kit which proved to be a great performer.

Visiting from the "K" camp...........
Evans Ward
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 76 GT750, 72 H2 750, 84 RZ350

Post by Evans Ward »

Looks nice John! :up: Looking forward to a ride report from the owner.
1976 Suzuki GT750 (Maui Blue), 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candytone Blue), 1984 Yamaha RZ350 (KRR- Yellow/ Black).
ja-moo
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by ja-moo »

Me too Evans..... :up:
Buffalo-guy
To the on ramp

Post by Buffalo-guy »

Great to hear some interest in this subject :D Looks like you finally got to put that cylinder I sent you to some use.
The reed blocks look almost stock to the untrained eye. Very nicely done. I see you have the carb spigot included . What size of carb is it set up for?
My spring ride group went to your neck of the woods a couple of years ago, but, I couldn't go because of surgury on my hand wouldn't allow it. I would have come to see you.
I would be most interested in a reed kit if you ever choose to create them. Its been a fair while since I last posted here on the forum. I better keep in touch. Cheers.
Fred (buffalo-guy)
Suzuki GT 750s
Ducati 750 GTs
2007 Duc 1000 GT (the clone)
2002 V Strom 1000 (lives again)
Suzuki RE5s
CBXs (18 cylinders, 72 valves)
ja-moo
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by ja-moo »

Buffalo-guy wrote:Great to hear some interest in this subject :D Looks like you finally got to put that cylinder I sent you to some use.
The reed blocks look almost stock to the untrained eye. Very nicely done. I see you have the carb spigot included . What size of carb is it set up for?
My spring ride group went to your neck of the woods a couple of years ago, but, I couldn't go because of surgury on my hand wouldn't allow it. I would have come to see you.
I would be most interested in a reed kit if you ever choose to create them. Its been a fair while since I last posted here on the forum. I better keep in touch. Cheers.
Fred (buffalo-guy)
Hey Fred,

Thanks again for the cylinder block! I had forgotten how gummy Suki aluminum was....lol! Yes, I tried to give the kit a compatible look, and not just "a block bolted on" look. The spigot is the same size as the stock spigot. I don't know the card size yet, I'm guessing 38's. Bummer about your hand, would have been nice to meet up!

I will keep you in mind if I do decide to do a production run. :up: