NESBA Track Day

Information and stories pertaining to racing Suzuki two-strokes. Past and Present.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

RING_DING
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 GT750 B-4 (JDM), 1975 GT750M

NESBA Track Day

Post by RING_DING »

Did a track day yesterday at NCBike. Can't say enough good things about NESBA....excellent organization and everything well-controlled but not overly so. The Kettle was fun to ride. A lot of admirers (of the bike) stopped by to check it out, especially after seeing/hearing it ripping around the track. The Jemco chambers sound like screaming banshees down the straight. Ground clearance was a problem in the turns. Overall a great experience!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1973 Suzuki GT750K with Sidecar - Bonneville 2020
Domiken
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT250 Hustler

Re: NESBA Track Day

Post by Domiken »

Very nice! NESBA is indeed a great org, I rode with them this weekend with my R6 @ NJMP Lightning. How was the bike on the track?
Ride Safe!

74' Suzuki GT250 Hustler - City Bike
03' Suzuki SV1000S - Street Bike
07' Yamaha YZF-R6 - Track Bike

http://www.leananglejeans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RING_DING
To the on ramp

Post by RING_DING »

The bike was amazing on the track but I did have ground clearance problems with the chambers. Hanging off helped to keep the bike more upright but it was still a hurdle.
On the straight it was spine-chilling to wind it up and feel the power kick in above 5000RPM. The sound turned many heads!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Two words:

Longer Shocks

Looks like you were having way too much fun. :D
RING_DING
To the on ramp

Post by RING_DING »

Yes I was. I could not wipe that stupid grin off my face all day. So I'm interested in the longer rear shock idea. Right now I have 11.5 inches eye to eye. How much longer would you suggest?
I have RE5 damper rods in my front forks so I had to raise the fork tubes up a half inch to compensate. I could slide the legs down that half inch if that would help.
Interested to hear what would help reduce the ground clearance issue.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

GT750s appear to be similar to many bikes of that era and look like they are dragging their tails. They look much better IMHO and handle much nicer if the back end is raised by an inch or more.

Mine are cheap 315mm (12.5") Chinese Ohlins copies and are nice and stiff. They keep the back end up and keep the underparts away from the road. I used Gold valve emulators and stiffer springs at the front which made the front so stiff that even with an 18" rim, it sits as high as stock (or higher) at the front.

With high bars it feels more like a 250 dirt bike and easy to throw around.
Domiken
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT250 Hustler

Post by Domiken »

Very nice! I'm glad you had a blast. I would love to take the GT250 to a trackday, I'm going to look for a vintage motorcycle track day around here, I remember seeing it happen at NJMP last year. That would then force me to order JEMCO pipes and a few other goodies :mrgreen:
Ride Safe!

74' Suzuki GT250 Hustler - City Bike
03' Suzuki SV1000S - Street Bike
07' Yamaha YZF-R6 - Track Bike

http://www.leananglejeans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;