Babbitts on line

Information and stories pertaining to racing Suzuki two-strokes. Past and Present.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

alanr
To the on ramp

Babbitts on line

Post by alanr »

has anybody brought anything from Babbitts on line.I have made an order but not checked-out yet because the shipping seems high.totaling $370,It would all fit in a large shoebox and they want $255 to ship to New Zealand.sounds a lot to me but it might be fair.any opinions welcome. :wth:
CB360T
TT250
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Re: Babbitts on line

Post by jabcb »

I've placed several orders with them. They have very good prices. I'm in the US and about 500 miles away from them -- shipping to me is quite reasonable.

What shipping option did you select? Maybe that's why its so expensive. (Being in the US, I don't know what shipping options they have for you.)

You might be their first customer in New Zealand, and their online systems might not be properly setup to calculate shipping to you. Perhaps you should email them about the shipping costs.

Another possibility is that they don't expect enough overseas business to justify offering it. They might have really high shipping charges to discourage those potential customers. Maybe that's the case for you.

Also worth noting...
They identify unavailable parts by not listing prices. Don't know why, but some retailers have accurate availability listings and some don't, theirs isn't very accurate. Best bet would be to check for availability before placing order for vintage Suzuki parts.

Like other purchases, you have to way the pros & cons. They have good prices on old Suzuk NOS parts, but they aren't the fastest at processing orders. So don't expect a quick response to your emails or quick notification that there is a problem with your order.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE