Grattan

Information and stories pertaining to racing Suzuki two-strokes. Past and Present.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

desmocat
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500, TS250, B105P, GS250T

Grattan

Post by desmocat »

Well I finally got the T500 back on the track after a year and a half, raced it over father's day at the AHRMA Grattan race.

The bike ran real good, but man was I rusty after not riding it for a while.

In the F-500 race Saturday I took fourth out of fifth, race was won by Karsten Illg and his trick RD with Crussell on the H1R in second. Now on Sunday I got into the wood with a second, there was only a three bike field and Illg crashed out on the first lap with Crussell taking the win.

I'm going to try to make it to Beaverun over 23-25 Jul for the AHRMA race there.
Ralph Spencer
Spencer Motoworks LLC
Southfield, MI USA
www.spencermotoworks.com
AHRMA #798
diamondj
Road race school

Post by diamondj »

Hey Ralph,

You going to make it to Mid-Ohio this year?

Jim
desmocat
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500, TS250, B105P, GS250T

Post by desmocat »

Jim,

Not Mid-O this year, got a church event that weekend so I can't make it. Next race will be Beaverun.

Are you racing Mid-O?
Ralph Spencer
Spencer Motoworks LLC
Southfield, MI USA
www.spencermotoworks.com
AHRMA #798
diamondj
Road race school

Post by diamondj »

Hey Ralph,

Nope. Transmission crapped out on my 2002 Exploder again in April of this year pretty much killing off my racing fund for a while. The WERA rounds at Beaverun, Summit, and Nelson Ledges in September look to be my first chance this year to chase down my race license. There's a bunch of CB350 racers on the caferacer.net board that run all the WERA rounds at Summit including one that lives down the road (relatively speaking) from me that's offered to assist me in September so that may be what I do.

If I manage to get my stuff together and get my license, maybe we can plan a grand return for Sundial racers to Mid-Ohio next year? I know Eric was planning on racing this year but his knee blowing out binned those plans. CJF looks like his race bike is really close too. With four of us, we could rent a garage as our race space....

Jim