All REVVED UP FESTIVAL @ NJMP 6/13-14

Information and stories pertaining to racing Suzuki two-strokes. Past and Present.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

diamondj
Road race school

All REVVED UP FESTIVAL @ NJMP 6/13-14

Post by diamondj »

AS POSTED ON THE CAFERACER.NET BOARD by "TEX"

Attention: all you Caferacers, Ton-up kids, Vintage Roadracers, and various Motorcycle Misfits out there.......

Team Pro-Motion ( www.TeamProMotion.com ) is proud to announce "All Revved Up!"

A celebration of the past, present, and future of motorcycles @ New Jersey Motorsports Park (Lightning Circuit), June 13-14th, 2009.

There will be a Team Pro-Motion hosted TrackDay with 3 groups (novice, intermediate, and expert), 4 rotations (20 minute sessions) in the morning.... followed by another 3 group, 3 rotation track day in the afternoon, Cost is $199.00

During the lunch break, we will have three vintage races....Lightweight, Middleweight, and Heavyweight classes. The Lightweight and Middleweight will go out together in a two wave start and 8 lap sprint, Heavyweight will go out next and any Middleweight bikes will be allowed to “bump up” for a two wave start and a 8 lap sprint. There will be a $1800 purse with prize monies paid down to fifth place.

There will also be club level racing; featuring the Team Pro-Motion GP-MOTO Modern series, with Supersport and Superbike classes running a 10 lap sprint. Also during the midday, we will have a Modern, Vintage, and Mini Moto “Try the Track” where spectators with required safety gear on (boots, pants, jacket, helmet, and gloves) will be allowed to take a “parade lap” on the course with numerous coaches, control riders, and special guests.

Jason Britton and his "Team No Limit" Superbike Stunt Team will be performing three stunt shows each day on the skid pad ,also located at the Lightning Circuit, and on Saturday there will be Mini Moto Racing at the Kart Track located within the Lightning Circuit Paddock access. Nate Kern is scheduled to give a first glimpse of the NEW BMW S1000 RR Superbike to all spectators. There will be various motorcycle parts, apparel , and aftermarket vendors, with new bike dealerships represented as well.

Other activities going on throughout the day, off the track, will be an open stunting expo and a “Slow Race.” There will also be a judged Custom Bike Competition and a Vintage Bike Concours de Elegance Competition with prizes.

The "All Revved Up!" Festival coincides with the Mazda Formula X Series at the NJMP Thunderbolt Circuit. They will be having their own various class automobile racing and many off-track activities such as; a custom tuner car show, drifting competition, etc…….

It is working up to be an INCREDIBLE weekend of activities, track riding, and racing!

further details posted:

$199.99 is for the track day.....(4) 20 minute sessions in the morning and (3) 20 minute sessions in the afternoon. Register now as spaces are filling up quick!

No Tickets are needed (Gate Fee) if you register for the track day or register for the races. Advance Ticket purchase (Gate Fee) is $20.00 through www.teampromotion.com. Day of Ticket sales is: $2.00 Saturday and $33.00 Sunday, so pre-register whether you are a competitor (Racer), participant (Track Day Rider), or Spectator. Kids under 12 years old get in FREE! Every Ticket is ALL ACCESS....meaning you can check out the 2 wheel activities on Lightning Circuit or 4 wheel activities on Thunderbolt Circuit.

The race fee is: $50.00 per race, however we are paying prize money down to 5th place....subject to entries!

1st = $100.00, 2nd = $75.00, 3rd = $50.00, 4th = $35.00, 5th = $25.00

I really think this is gonna be something special. Glen Goldman of Team Promotion is a Vintage Roadracing Fan and has been working tirelessly with me to welcome us all to this event and any other day on their 2009 schedule.

in answer to questions:

Midge and Jeff,

One Full Track Day (7 sessions) each day......$199.00 for track day per day. If you wanted to run BOTH days it would be $398.00.

Three Vintage Races each Day.......$50.00 per race. If you wanted to race your class, and then "bump up" it would be $100.00.

Track Day Registration does not entitle any of the races.

Wondering how many "hot shoes" will show up for the prize money. I know i'm shooting for the podium in middleweight and heavyweight.

I'll edit my first post and spell out the classes later today, but 350 stockers (FCB) will be lightweight, LWSV or V1 bikes will be middleweight.

Jim,

We have worked out a pretty incredible deal for the All Revved Up Festival for Race Accreditation. Team Promotion will be offering A.R.T. Level 1 (Advanced Rider Training) $199.00 which will cover the school and offer safety gear (Leathers, Boots, Gloves......you MUST have your own Helmet). This is normally $249.00. They have about (25) 1-piece Leather Suits (various sizes) in the rental inventory. I highly recommend that you bring your own gloves and boots, as I think you will be more comfortable in your own gloves and boots. After successful completion of the School on Saturday, you are welcome to stay over and race with us on Sunday. We will offer the same A.R.T. Level 1 promotion on Sunday, however Sunday Race School students will not be able to race the vintage classes that same day. Team Promotion is an accredited school and their race licenses/certificates are accepted by WERA, AHRMA, USCRA, USGPRU, and the VRRA.

Link: www.teampromotion.com

Email: sales@teampromotion.com

Phone: 215-675-6677

Staff: Marc, Dominick, Jacqui, Glen, or David.

More detailed information on registration procedures to be posted soon.