Vintage Motorcycle Days Mid-Ohio 2009

Information and stories pertaining to racing Suzuki two-strokes. Past and Present.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

desmocat
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500, TS250, B105P, GS250T

Vintage Motorcycle Days Mid-Ohio 2009

Post by desmocat »

So with the recent news that AHRMA and AMA have split, and that AHRMA will no longer be racing at VMD, who is still going to attend?

I just checked the AMA web site and they have precious little info about the event, and the road racing entry form hasn't been posted yet.

Too bad because it was looking like Mid-O was only race I was going to make participate in for 2009, and now that's questionable.

Anyone else got intel?
Ralph Spencer
Spencer Motoworks LLC
Southfield, MI USA
www.spencermotoworks.com
AHRMA #798
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

You know, it's a shame when you can't get around politics in an amateur organization.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
diamondj
Road race school

Post by diamondj »

I'm still planning on going. The demo rides and swap meet alone are worth the trip for me. Then again, I'm on this side of the country. It might be a different story if I had to travel from California as you do Ralph.

As I understand it, the AMA is going to dust off their rulebooks from when the vintage racers were new and set-up rules and classes that way. It will be interesting to see what they will require for credentials. Obviously, an AMA membership. And I would guess a valid racing license from some organization.

What I wonder about is how much longer AHRMA will continue as an organization for roadracing? Mid-O was a cash cow for them and that income source is gone now. I wonder is the AMA/AHRMA split will impact Daytona and Barber being on the the AHRMA schedule.

Personally, AHRMA membership loses a lot of the luster for me with Mid-Ohio dropping off the schedule. It's the only AHRMA event that was remotely local for me.

Jim