Archived Posts

Information and stories pertaining to racing Suzuki two-strokes. Past and Present.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Thanks guys,

I had also thought about the more modern sport bike bracing, but I'd like to keep it as simple as possible. Do you think some kind of simple plate/gusset bracing would be stiff enough for the track? If not, it looks like the JMC style bracing would be the way to go.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Don't forget, what ever racing organization you choose to race, you need to adhere to their rules. If you plan on racing in several than you must read all the rules for each and then build your bike accordingly.

I posted a link in this Subject to the AHRMA rules. You need to abide by them to race in AHRMA at Mid-Ohio and other AHRMA races.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Zook-e wrote:Don't forget, what ever racing organization you choose to race, you need to adhere to their rules. If you plan on racing in several than you must read all the rules for each and then build your bike accordingly.

I posted a link in this Subject to the AHRMA rules. You need to abide by them to race in AHRMA at Mid-Ohio and other AHRMA races.
I just read the AHRMA rules and this concerned me:

"New, novice AHRMA roadracers may not be permitted to ride at certain venues"

Does this apply to Mid-Ohio. I asked a cb350 racer friend of mine and he thinks it does, but isn't 100% sure.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

So it looks like according to the rules, the ONLY form of swingarm bracing is the style Jim posted. I guess I'll do that then! :D

Does anyone have any info on bracing the T500 frame?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Adam wrote:So it looks like according to the rules, the ONLY form of swingarm bracing is the style Jim posted. I guess I'll do that then! :D

Does anyone have any info on bracing the T500 frame?
I think the only difference between what jim posted and what JMC does is that JMC's brace is further than 2 inches from the arm and made of box tubing instead of 5/8" round tubing.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Right, I was hoping to do something a little simpler though, something like I first posted. I guess that's against the rules. :?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Geeto67 wrote:
Zook-e wrote:Don't forget, what ever racing organization you choose to race, you need to adhere to their rules. If you plan on racing in several than you must read all the rules for each and then build your bike accordingly.

I just read the AHRMA rules and this concerned me:

"New, novice AHRMA roadracers may not be permitted to ride at certain venues"

Does this apply to Mid-Ohio. I asked a cb350 racer friend of mine and he thinks it does, but isn't 100% sure.

I will read it again but at the riders meeting this year I believe that you have to have two races in before Mid-Ohio to qualify. The two prior could be at BeaveRun in PA north of Pittsburg.

Eric
Admin
Supreme UFOB

T500 road racer - preferred rim/tire size?

Post by Admin »

All,

I know AHRMA specifies rim sizes for Formula 500 to be no less than 18 inches in diameter and no wider than 2.15 inches (WM3) up front and no wider than 3 inches (WM5) at the rear.

I was wondering what the T500 racers here prefer in terms of rim width and tire size? Also, what brands work well?

Jim
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

T500 race bike questions from Diamondj? Does this mean the Nova transmission and all the other cool unobtainable parts may make it off the shelf?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Eric, "Angry" Go-fer? Don't make me bring the mighty A100 down to Mid-Ohio this year and give you guys another lesson on how to really ride.

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

tbrock wrote:Eric, "Angry" Go-fer? Don't make me bring the mighty A100 down to Mid-Ohio this year and give you guys another lesson on how to really ride.

I wish you would. The Sundial Pit really misses your presence. And of course "Angry Gopher".
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Re: T500 road racer - preferred rim/tire size?

Post by Admin »

Diamondj wrote:All,

I know AHRMA specifies rim sizes for Formula 500 to be no less than 18 inches in diameter and no wider than 2.15 inches (WM3) up front and no wider than 3 inches (WM5) at the rear.

I was wondering what the T500 racers here prefer in terms of rim width and tire size? Also, what brands work well?

Jim
Mine will be running 2.15 up front and 2.50 rear and will be shod with Dunlops
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

tbrock wrote:T500 race bike questions from Diamondj? Does this mean the Nova transmission and all the other cool unobtainable parts may make it off the shelf?
I dunno - anything is possible! I guess you'll just have to get to Mid-Ohio in 2007 to find out...... :D

Jim
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Re: T500 road racer - preferred rim/tire size?

Post by Admin »

Zook-e wrote: Mine will be running 2.15 up front and 2.50 rear and will be shod with Dunlops
Zook-e,

Thanks! I guess you found a 2.50 rim? I'm asking about rim sizes as I have a decent 2.75 rim for the rear and a new 2.15 for the front that I would like to use. I'm thinking a 100 width tire up front and a 120 in back would work well. Do you think the 120 profile will be too "flat" on a 2.75 rim versus a 2.50? I guess I could go to a 130 if they are available and it won't "overtire" a T500. Were there more 2.50 rims where you dug up your 2.50? :D

Jim
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Here is the link to the Dunlop tire site for racing Dunlops. 2.75 should be okay but look at it to be sure.

http://www.rcbtires.com/

I will be running the KR124A front and rear on mine. Ralph Spencer was running the KR825 front and KR124A rear on his and he had 2.15 ront and 2.50 rear rims.

I didn't like the rear low profile on his front tire.