1971 Suzuki TS50R - new to me with some questions

General discussion about Offroad two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

dean
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550, T500, TS50

1971 Suzuki TS50R - new to me with some questions

Post by dean »

I picked this cute little '71 TS50... came with a clean , clear title which is crucial here in IL :up:

The "plan" is to go through it, make it safe and reliable and just leave the paint and patina as-is. It was parked due to a piston seizure and it has been sitting for many years with the jug off (indoors) , so if I can get the parts, I will go ahead and split the cases to clean and check everything , then button it up with new gaskets , crank seals etc.

I am searching for a service manual and will not go deep into the engine until I have one. Anyone have one sitting around? There is nothing on ebay, amazon etc.

also, I would have assumed that the AS, AC and TS 50's would have all had the same engine components, however when I look at the fiche, the TS pistons are " key stone type" groove and rings and the part numbers differ from the other 50's. ( would AS/AC pistons work if I used the matching rings? )

So other than the engine.. there is a big list just at a glance... fork springs are collapsed, missing turn signals, missing chain guard, tail light lens missing, needs tires ..head light bucket is from ???? it's a single beam whatzit.

any help is appreciated ! Dean
sportston
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: FZ50, GP100, RG125 Gamma, GT380, Bandit 1200S

Re: 1971 Suzuki TS50R - new to me with some questions

Post by sportston »

Looks like a cute little bike that only needs relatively minor restoration to see it usable. Hope you get her running and on the road soon. Good Luck