1987 Suzuki RM 125 FIXED!

General discussion about Offroad two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

smithn6425
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1

1987 Suzuki RM 125 FIXED!

Post by smithn6425 »

Just got this bike today. This is my first suzuki because my family trashed their name and told me never to buy suzuki its junk... But I took a chance on this one. Some guy had it in his where house for 3 years. Now I have never owned a 2 stroke in my life (I have ridden them) Now it just wont start! not even a slight rumble? So first I pulled the plug cap off and shocked my self lol then put the plug in the cap and it fired on the cyclined head. then I drained the carb and put fresh fuel in it oiled all the line EX: clutch and throttle. but it still wont start??? I tried pushing it down a hill and bump starting it still nothing am i doing something wrong? next step is pull it with a car and try starting it that way and fyi the carbs are not dirty he complety drained the bike before storage... PLEASE HELP! CLEANED THE CARBS RUNS LIKE A TOP!
Bigshankhank
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1970 TC 90

Re: 1987 Suzuki RM 125 FIXED!

Post by Bigshankhank »

smithn6425 wrote:Just got this bike today. This is my first suzuki because my family trashed their name and told me never to buy suzuki its junk... But I took a chance on this one. Some guy had it in his where house for 3 years. Now I have never owned a 2 stroke in my life (I have ridden them) Now it just wont start! not even a slight rumble? So first I pulled the plug cap off and shocked my self lol then put the plug in the cap and it fired on the cyclined head. then I drained the carb and put fresh fuel in it oiled all the line EX: clutch and throttle. but it still wont start??? I tried pushing it down a hill and bump starting it still nothing am i doing something wrong? next step is pull it with a car and try starting it that way and fyi the carbs are not dirty he complety drained the bike before storage... PLEASE HELP! CLEANED THE CARBS RUNS LIKE A TOP!
Whuh? So does it run or not? I don't like to take people's word for it regarding carbs, so it would behoove you to clean the carb again for your own piece of mind. What about compression? Man, there could be a host of problems, but start with cleaning the carb and checking compression.
Sandman
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100 TS125 TM125 RM125

Post by Sandman »

I too, am struggling to understand this one.

"FIXED" and "runs like a top", but "PLEASE HELP!" in the same post makes it confusing and hard to give advice. Try again so that we can help.
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Post by GT750Battleship »

:wth: If it now runs,! Wouldn't you "delete" the post ? :oops:
GT750Battleship.
GT750Battleship.