Rv125 purchase

General discussion about Offroad two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

cwiseman
On the street

Rv125 purchase

Post by cwiseman »

Found this little bike near me, Not finding much info on them but the owner is bringing it to me in a day or two. Hopefully over the labor day weekend I'll get it running.
cwiseman
On the street

Re: Rv125 purchase

Post by cwiseman »

djfisher22
To the on ramp

Post by djfisher22 »

mine.............

ImageImage
2000 ZRX (the green ones are fastest)
72 GT750 (almost done)
73 RV 125
72 RV 90 X 2
Now proudly displaying membership number 91 in the Ugly Fat Old Bastards Motorcycle Club.

http://www.ozebook.com/cpotw/documents/register.html
cwiseman
On the street

Post by cwiseman »

Finally got the RV today. I pulled the carb & cleaned the pilot jet that was clogged & installed the slide properly (it was in backwards) and kicked till I about passed out. Was feeling brave so I had my 10 year old daughter pull me with the 4wheeler. About two laps around the yard it finally decided to come to life. She runs but not that well yet. It idles good has a huge stumble in the mid range & runs better once it get in the main jet area. I'll have to figure that out. The baffle came shooting out of the pipe & Damned she's loud without it. Parked for the night. Should be fun once running correctly
cwiseman
On the street

Post by cwiseman »

Recleaned the carb, blew compressed air thru the passages, set the needle to middle clip, & connected the air box boot (no filter yet) & now she runs like a top.