Archived Posts

General discussion about Offroad two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

I have a contact that has oversized Wisecos made up to 2mm over, I believe. I don't have it with me, however, and they're not cheap; he gets about $175.00 for piston/rings/wrist pin. Suzuki only offered one oversize and they're very hard to find.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

rngdng wrote:I have a contact that has oversized Wisecos made up to 2mm over, I believe. I don't have it with me, however, and they're not cheap; he gets about $175.00 for piston/rings/wrist pin. Suzuki only offered one oversize and they're very hard to find.

Lane
Lane, whenever you find that reference, please send me a PM. I may need it when I get into this engine. Thanks in advance!

Richard
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

If you don't see it by this weekend...remind me!

By the way, I think I'm going to sell my TS400 Streettracker, if anyone' s interested.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Lane, I'm very interested in a new OS piston for my TS40o, would you send me too your contact? Thanks.
At the moment the bike is VERY noisy, I'm trying to understand if bad vibrations comes from the piston pin bearing, from the piston itself or from the muffler underside that seems is touching the frame....
Jaeger, we are on the same ship..... :lol:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Sure Rocky. I'll post it in this thread when I get home. The 400 sounds like an H2. It's a noisy engine, but when I had another cylinder and piston combo in it, it was much noisier. THe piston was slapping a lot on that cylinder, and unfortunately, that's the one I was experimenting with the reedvalves.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Stop it all, I found source in England for TS/TM400 piston, Wiseco OS 1,00 mm.
This is what they answered to me:
"we have the piston in stock and it costs £111.04.the cost of shipping will be £8.00
if you need these we would need you to pay the money direct into our bank.also you would be responsible for paying any bank fees.
if you require these please let me know and i can supply our bank details.
many thanks Keith
off road only."

Aside somewhat lightly "british unconfidence", they seems good guys.
Next monday I'll pay what they "need", :lol:
more or less the some amount Lane predicted above.
Check them at: http://oro2u.com/cgi-bin/ss000100.pl
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

The guy I talked to is Rick Horvat. I'll PM his number to those of you who asked.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

TS400 tear down

Post by Admin »

I started the tear down of "Geronimo", my new :?: TS400, these are the weird things I found in it:

initial, beautiful old lady

she naked and sexy

zillion of small pieces

seized? who? Me?

rod and cranckshaft seems in good shape (... altough a little blueing)

seizing on the cylinder, piston lack of some crown bits at the corresponding spot

where air comes in and gases goes out

almost ventilated piston...

Seized? Where? On the other side?

What do you think? What caused the damage? Bike has only 5800 km on it. I guess lack of oil and loose head.
Do you think I should open the case to check the crankshaft bearings and oil seals?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Hey, Rehjaeger.....

Post by Admin »

.... immediately after the british guys robbed me 147 euro for a Wiseco 1.0 OS TS400 piston, I found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-Wise ... enameZWDVW

Thought it would be of some interest for you at $99.99!!!
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Rocky, I'd agree; lack of oil, and loose head. That lower rod bearing got very hot. The left crank bearing may have also, but the right crank bearing runs in the tranny oil.

Was the bike running when you got it?

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Lane, yes, bike started easily also; normal noise since 2500-3500 rpm, then if you rev it up further the engine seems to vibrates and rattle so badly that I preferred not to insist. Maybe you'r right about that LH bearing, sure it is gone, and the best thing to do should be a complete tear down.
My poor Apache has been really mistreaded by previous owners (#4), and all that damage was done in only 5800 km, other than that the bike looks unmolested and almost new, although two fingers high of static dirty and some spiderweb also.
By the way, if you dont' see the last washer of a SOB, where is the fun?? :grin:
Admin
Supreme UFOB

TS400 almost complete

Post by Admin »

New OS piston, clutch springs, gaskets, crank bearings and seals, etc. etc.; tank and sidecovers should be glossy black and clearcoat, friend of mine says that other than Geronimo I should name it "Zorro" :roll:

Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Really nice job Rocky! Keep it up, I can't wait to see the finished pics.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

My next project......

Post by Admin »

I miss riding dirtbikes, going to repair this one and do some trailriding but no more racing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 32193&rd=1
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

That's going to be fun!

Half the work is done for you.....all you have is the putting together part.
Last edited by Admin on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.