Archived Posts

General discussion about Offroad two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Admin
Supreme UFOB

TS250 Hop up

Post by Admin »

I saw this on ebay, would be nice to have it but I can't afford it right now, bet it would make it a wheelie monster. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-T ... 7433QQrdZ1
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

That would be cool.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

TS250 year?

Post by Admin »

I have a TS250 that came with no title and I do not know the year. I have the numbers off the frame and I was wondering if there is anyway I could use those numbers to find out the year? I could also take a picture of the bike and maybe one of you would know?
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Try looking here: http://mysuzuki.home-page.org/.

Some models have serial number info, but the pics might also help you.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Re: TS250 year?

Post by Admin »

volz1fsu wrote:I have a TS250 that came with no title and I do not know the year. I have the numbers off the frame and I was wondering if there is anyway I could use those numbers to find out the year? I could also take a picture of the bike and maybe one of you would know?
What are the frame and motor numbers, post a photo if you can. Do you think it is a early year model or one of the later ones.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

The Frame number is TS2503-58729 and the Engine is TS2503-58659.
Also the tank and front fender are a darker blue color and the decals on the sides of the tank are a double stripe, light blue on top, dark blue on bottom and it says SUZUKI on it (of course) so I hope these are the original colors and decals. I can provide a picture but it might take a while because it is buried in my garage behind other motorcycles and car parts. Hopefully I will not have to dig it out because it is cold out!
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Will I ever be able to figure out what model year my bike is? I want to get a title for it soon, any suggestions!??
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Is the vin tag still on the frame - should be on the steering head? If so it should have a month and year of manufacture stamped in it. That will narrow it right down to a 1 or 2 year range. Then a few more descriptions of various parts should give you a conclusive answer.

See if the tag is on the frame and go from there.

Pete
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Try looking here, you may be able to identify it this way. BTW, is the manufacture date still on the frame steering stem?

http://www.suzukicycles.org/TS-TC-series/TS250.shtml
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

volz1fsu wrote:Will I ever be able to figure out what model year my bike is? I want to get a title for it soon, any suggestions!??
What year do you want it to be? You've got the VIN number, and no DMV in the world is going to compare the VIN to the year model, so pick one. Who cares? I'm not kidding, I've done it.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

Sounds like a '74, my '71 serial numbers are in the 16000 range. Does it look like this.....

http://www.vjmc.org/photos/vintage_photos/ts250.jpg
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

The bike definetly has to be in the early 70's range. I forgot to mention that the vin tag was painted over and when I tried to remove the paint, I also removed the manufature date. :roll: It looks similar to the one in the picture but I guess what I will do is to take a bunch of pictures for you guys to look at and maybe then somebody can identify the year of the thing. I know about the year not really making a diference in the title, and unfortunatly I already made that mistake on my T250 by titleing it as a 1970 when in fact I found it to be a 1971. I regret that and I would just like to be accurate with the TS250.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

The VIN number is also stamped into the steering head on the opposite side.

Lane
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Post by Admin »

rngdng wrote:The VIN number is also stamped into the steering head on the opposite side.

Lane
Yes, Thank God they did that or I would be screwed.
Admin
Supreme UFOB

Finally got off my butt.....

Post by Admin »

..And dug out the old girl for some photos. Here is a link to the gallery of my TS250. Please see if you can identify what year she is. The tank is what threw me off, couldn't match it up to any of the models. Maybe one of you know the model changes to identify it. If you need more photos let me know and I will get right on it.
http://community.webshots.com/album/546568910DgDQgN