1972 TS100 idle troubles

General discussion about Offroad two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

nixed suzuki
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1972 suzuki TS100

1972 TS100 idle troubles

Post by nixed suzuki »

I cleaned out the carb; now, after I adjust it to an acceptable Idle setting-- then give it gas to rev up the engine--it starts screaming and doesn't idle back down when throttle is released-- and will stall when I try to take off with it . Other times it will idle a little fast and run fine, but the engine seems to get a little hot. I checked the barrel slider (vm19sc carb) and it slides up and down smoothly--so, I don't think the throttle cable is sticking. I did adjust the float up a little because it was not rising enough to seal off the float holes. I'm stumped... hoping you guys have some insight into what to check.

Another question, since there is little information on the 1972 TS100, is there another model or year that is mechanically comparative to this one?
Sandman
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100 TS125 TM125 RM125

Re: 1972 TS100 idle troubles

Post by Sandman »

I own a 1975 TS100, so I'll chime in. First off, there is no USA spec 1972 TS100- they started model year 1973. 1972 would have to be a TS90, and if your 100cc Suzuki manufacture date is for example 8/72 or later month, that means it was sold as a 1973 model year.

Anyway, your carburetion issue sure sounds like an air leak to me. You're going to have to find it by process of elimination unless you can have someone do a pressure test. Check closely or replace all rubber boots and seals. Hopefully it isn't a crank seal as that means a total disassembly, but it could that be from age alone. Let us know how this turns out!