DUMB QUESTION! PETCOCK?

General discussion about Offroad two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

ANCIENT TC125
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 74-TC 125, 67 KT120

DUMB QUESTION! PETCOCK?

Post by ANCIENT TC125 »

HATE to ask dumb questions but my TC125 has an after market petcock and I am not sure which symbol means reserve, and which symbol means primary?

http://s375.photobucket.com/user/homecr ... h.png.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm assuming that the "glass half full" means Reserve and the "full glass" means Primary.

I ran out last night on a mountain trail above my home and luckily was on primary because when I flipped it, it started up, and I got home without walking.

My '"some timer's" brain forgot to register which was which. I don't like walking so I thought I might ask you expertise.

Thanks

Steve
Centerlessville, Utah
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Re: DUMB QUESTION! PETCOCK?

Post by rngdng »

I guess you're right. Is there an arrow on the lever, or a mark of some kind?

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
nixed suzuki
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1972 suzuki TS100

Post by nixed suzuki »

I haven't seen that mark system before. Normally a petcock is made up of two holes that access the gas tank. I would assume the half mark is for one access hole, while the full mark is for both access holes open. Does the shut off setting have an empty hour glass?
Gord
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 73 Suzuki TS185

Post by Gord »

I forget which is which all the time. Best method is to pull the gas line off the carburetor and turn the petcock lever to what you think is on, until the flow stops. Then rotate it to what you think is reserve and see if it flows again. Then mark it with a permanent marker, as you will never remember what is what, if you're memory is like mine.